• Register
  • Help

Topic: struggling to get a convincing brass & woodwind staccato - help pls!

Share/Bookmark

struggling to get a convincing brass & woodwind staccato - help pls!

Hi folks,

I'm trying to create a section which has a short staccato phrase for trumpets & flutes. The problem I'm having is that the full sound of the instruments isn't coming in until too late (if these were wav samples in my sequencer, I'd be trimming the start of the sample if that makes sense - alternatively it's like a compressor is on it which needs to let more of the initial attack thru)

I've tried a few things; using different banks including the AG ones, experimenting with different CCs (attack, release, velocity, and 16). CC21 has got me closest but it's still not quite there...

I've been thru this brass masterclass http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/MasterClass_Brass.html and the attack of these seems spot on, so I can see that it's possible, I'm just struggling to get it nailed

many thanks for any help & info

cheers!

V
    (I've used the search function this time too, but been unable to find anything so far..!)

Re: struggling to get a convincing brass & woodwind staccato - help pls!

Have you tried maxing out the velocity on these notes?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum