ST336753LW/LC 36 GB
    ST373453LW/LC 73 GB

Estimated Flagship Price: $939 (73 GB)

In all imaginable applications the Cheetah 15K.3 is king:

Average access time : 5.9 milliseconds,
    Average write access time : 6.2 ms
    Finds itself among the idle noise generated by typical 7200 RPM ATA drives

Re: ultimate harddisk arrived

Is it really needed? By configuring my Gigarack in the way I explained in my web site I\'ve been able to get 160 voices from my boot hard drive with no problems (no jokes).

Visit my web site for more informations!

Best luck in having fun with music!

Alberto

Originally posted by Alberto R.S.:
    Is it really needed? By configuring my Gigarack in the way I explained in my web site I\'ve been able to get 160 voices from my boot hard drive with no problems (no jokes).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you are running a sequencer and GS on the same computer, the superior bus handling of SCSI is necessary for maximum performance. On a dedicated GS PC, SCSI is overkill, so yes, a single IDE drive will work great.

True. I was not thinking about using a sequencer too in the Giga station.

Alberto

[quote]Originally posted by killerbobjr:
    If you are running a sequencer and GS on the same computer, the superior bus handling of SCSI is necessary for maximum performance. On a dedicated GS PC, SCSI is overkill, so yes, a single IDE drive will work great.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can run Sonar, SoundForge, and Giga all on the same PC with 160 voices w/o clicks and pops. Sonar, SF, and Giga are all on the boot drive, and GIG files are another drive. SCSI is just overpriced, in my opinion.

Hello Ann!
    How many audio tracks can you handle in SF/Sonar while maintaining 160 GS polyphony?

Can you display real time video too?

How about predicting weather phenomena like El Nina simultaneously? (joke)

The main advantage of an all-in-one system (DAW, GS on one machine) is the zero latency, gigabyte bandwidth between the sequencer and GS. If you need ultra tight timing and gobs of controller and ptichbend data, a single PC is the only way to get that.

Originally posted by killerbobjr:
    The main advantage of an all-in-one system (DAW, GS on one machine) is the zero latency, gigabyte bandwidth between the sequencer and GS. If you need ultra tight timing and gobs of controller and ptichbend data, a single PC is the only way to get that.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Also, I\'ve seen the 18GB Cheetah for around $280 on the web. It\'s worth looking at.

Forget scuzzy, after years of paying way to much and having conficts between scuzzy and my computer Im very happy with UDMA IDE.
    Check out the Western digital 80 gig 7200 rpm udma 100 with a 8 megabyte buffer for $108 at pricewatch.com .
    Now thats smart use of your money.

Forget scuzzy, after years of paying way to much and having conficts between scuzzy and my computer Im very happy with UDMA IDE.
    Check out the Western digital 80 gig 7200 rpm udma 100 with a 8 megabyte buffer for $108 at pricewatch.com .
    Now thats smart use of your money.

Go Back to forum