• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which HD for Audio, which for Samples?

Share/Bookmark

Which HD for Audio, which for Samples?

I\'m just installing 2 additional hard drives in my pc and I\'m conflicted! I\'m putting in an 80GB and a 40GB in addition to my 20GB OS drive. I was going to use the 80GB for audio and the 40GB for samples, but now I\'m wondering if I\'m leaving myself short.... It\'s a new setup with CubaseSX and Gigastudio and will be recording mostly acoustical instruments and vocals with some work with Giga instrumentation, but not alot of drum loops etc. What do you think. Thanks.

Re: Which HD for Audio, which for Samples?

In my opinion the 40Gb hard drive would be far enough for my audio needs or sample needs.

Considering that I usually backup every work I complete by burning it on cd, I would use my 40Gb hard drive for the audio and the 80Gb for samples.

This is just an idea/opinion, because a 40Gb hard drive is enough for my samples needs (but if something has to come short, that could be the samples space, not the audio space).

My opinion [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Alberto

Re: Which HD for Audio, which for Samples?

if it was me, I would worry about going out of money before worring about going out of hard disk space [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum