• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 4 w/GPO

Share/Bookmark

Question Sibelius 4 w/GPO

My apologies if this topic has already been addressed. I am already a GPO user with Sibelius 3 (and Finale 2005). What are the benefits of getting the Sibelius version of GPO versus using the version I already have?

Jonathan

Re: Sibelius 4 w/GPO

Quote Originally Posted by shearwater
    My apologies if this topic has already been addressed. I am already a GPO user with Sibelius 3 (and Finale 2005). What are the benefits of getting the Sibelius version of GPO versus using the version I already have?

Jonathan

I want to second the question - I was surprised to learn that there even was a Sibelius specific version as in some fairly recent conversations with their tech support the people I spoke with knew very little to nothing about GPO, and getting the two together required some tweaking.

Any Sibelius users out there who've tried it?

Is this version something that was done by the people at Sibelius, at Garritan or both?

Just a little curiosity there for the sake of sanity self-preservation. I'm signing off before I start sounding like the question-man

If the version does what I'm hoping it does it'll be a great relief to simple minded sorts like myself who lack the capacity for anything more subtle than hammering a nail

Thanks

Re: Sibelius 4 w/GPO

I've been a Sib3/GPO user, and am looking forward to the special edition release with Sib 4 since the integration of the two promises to be much better. According to the announcements, Sibelius 4-GPO will play back our normal notation dynamic markings, hairpins, articulation marks and so on that we now have to get by embedding MIDI commands.

For more detailed (and more authoritative) information, do a search on "Sibelius GPO Edition" in the General Discussion part of this forum -- Garritan himself and one of the Sibelius crew explain.

Go Back to forum