• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help - Please - need mobo suggestions

Share/Bookmark

Help - Please - need mobo suggestions

I have one Giga system now. Its rock solid, gets 160 voices with no probs and is based around the ASUS CUSL-2 mobo. I\'m absolutely thrilled with it. I\'m building another system and need to install 1GB of RAM. Is there a mobo out there just like the CUSL2 that can access 1GB of RAM? I\'d like to stay with a PIII chip and SDRAM if possible (I\'ve got them already). Now I just need the right motherboard.

TIA for all your help.

Re: Help - Please - need mobo suggestions

I am not sure, but i think the Asus TUSL2-C can do it, and also support tualeron (.13micron P3)

Something important I would take care of ANYWAY:

intel CPU ----> intel chipset
    AMD CPU ---> AMD chipset

following these combinations is the first way to have a superior DAW.

Best luck!
    Alberto

Originally posted by Alberto R.S.:

intel CPU ----> intel chipset
    AMD CPU ---> AMD chipset
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Agreed TOTALY! Don\'t settle for elcheapo chipset!

Alberto - or whoever -

Does AMD make chipsets? or are you referring to things like the VIA Apollo chipset?

Yes AMD makes chipset, the Asus board A7M is a AMD761 northbridge + AMD760 southbridge, and they also make some chipset for multi-processor AMD the AMD761MP chipset.

Just a little chart from Asus boards :

A7N = Nvidia chipset
    A7S = SiS chipset
    A7V = Via chipset
    A7M = AMD chipset

Originally posted by notejockey:
    Is there a mobo out there just like the CUSL2 that can access 1GB of RAM? I\'d like to stay with a PIII chip and SDRAM if possible (I\'ve got them already).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Get the Asus TUSI-M. It\'s an integrated motherboard (video, sound, lan onboard), handles 1GB of SDRAM, and is extremely stable. It\'s around $50-60. It\'s a great choice too if you want to put together a decent little system for an Aunt Bea or a 12 year old niece (as long as they don\'t want to play modern 3D games).

Go Back to forum