• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dual LCD monitor graphics card?

Share/Bookmark

Question Dual LCD monitor graphics card?

Hi,

This is an area where I'm really lost.

I need to buy a graphics card that can handle two LCD monitors. A 20" running at 1600x1200 resolution and a 15" that will display video and extra Sonar panes (800x600). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jon

Re: Dual LCD monitor graphics card?

i am with ati X600pro and it works fine with these resolutions

in fact any dual head card will do. I use old nVidia GeForce4 Ti4800 SE, works perfect.

Although I'm not using the resolutions that you mention, I've had no problems with Matrox P650, so I suggest that you check it out. It is also possible (running in analogue) to run 2 monitors and a TV out with this card, if you get the adapter.

D

Well thanks for all your replies!

I'm currently researching these models. Matrox seems to be the favorite among DAW users in other groups.

I was thinking I'd have to get a card with mega MBytes. Apparently not the case...

Thanks!

I've been running four 17" monitors at 1280x1024 from a Matrox G100MMS - picked it up in a ebay sale for five pounds..... it only has 8Mb of RAM, so don't fret, memory isn't everything.

However, I've now upgraded to two 24" runnning 1600x1200 and a single 19" running 1280x1024, so I was forced to upgrade..... to a G450MMS..... with 64Mb of RAM....... Ebay again, £40.... go figure!

Go Back to forum