• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Stanley Tookie Williams - capital punishment

Share/Bookmark

Stanley Tookie Williams - capital punishment

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    It's no coincidence that most of the civilized countries in the world haven't had capital punishment for years. This case only illustrates how wrong it is.

Would anyone really feel better for killing a Pulitzer-nominated man - a quarter of a century after he committed the crime? It's just sick. I only hope Governer Blackeggs does the right thing.

Meanwhile OJ Simpson and Robert Blake are out partying. Only those without the capital get the punishment.

Re: Stanley Tookie Williams - capital punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Meanwhile OJ Simpson and Robert Blake are out partying. Only those without the capital get the punishment.
    Yeah, but at least it proves that when it comes to buying justice, money is not racist!

The problem is Arnie is due to play up to his right-wing backers, and it would be better politics for him to refuse clemency. I personally agree that Tookie WIlliams has earned a commutation - not to let him out, but to let him continue his work helping keep more kids out of gangs. Also, it would show that the government can be merciful sometimes, something which is very difficult for GOP members.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Of course he shouldn't be let out if he murdered four people in cold blood. But our society is supposed to be above the level of a killer - it shouldn't be descending to the same level.

The only thing that makes this case different from others is that there's a lot of publicity surrounding it, and the fact that he's written prominent books makes it more real.

Arnold has all but abandoned his GOP backers. After the election night disaster and poll numbers that just about equal Bush's, he just appointed a new chief of staff who is a liberal democrat.

I expect the sentence will be commuted to life.

I've been wrong before.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Liberal Democrat = good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Liberal Democrat = good.
    X = Liberal Democrat

5X =

"They get what they vote for." PaulR

Thumbs down Re: Stanley Tookie Williams - capital punishment

really.. who cares about this loser. he says he is reformed. well from what I ask ?? he denies killing anyone. he wrote a few books... BIG DEAL!!
    I only oppose the DP becuase the state will surley screw up and kill an innocent man. Rallying around a killer is nonsense and makes liberals look like soft puss**s. change the laws and lock the devils up for life! I would imaging we would have less "jail house conversions" and childrens books thats for sure!!

What if he really is innocent of this crime? It wouldn't be the first time. In any case, does whether or not a person says he/she repents really have the least bit to do with it?

[Edit: I just re-read what you wrote, and you half agree. But I'm not sure that it shows he's a coward and liar. Maybe he is both, but I don't think his lack of repentance means anything.]

Mike...seriously, that's one of the silliest lines I've read here. Liberals are pussies for not thinking this person should be executed?! What do you think my position is? Of course I want the law to be changed; of course I'm not advocating that this kind of person be let loose on the world.

Either way, hasn't he admitted to being the founder of the Cripps, an "organization" that has caused quite a bit of death? Isn't being the leader of an organization that is responsible for a lot of death, just as bad as killing? I certainly believe so.

Another way of looking at it..........Some of you guys want to impeach Bush, for going to war, and I"ll quote here "being responsible for the deaths of thousands". He's certainly the leader of an organization that has been responsible for death. You know, our gang against their gang. If he wrote a couple books about peace (which he won't, cuz he can't read or write), would you guys let HIM off the hook? I doubt you would, and Bush hasn't even been convicted of killing anybody.

And if you're thinking about responding by saying something like "Danimal, these are two totally different issues", then you might want to ponder that before writing.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    I'm also against the death penalty. The problem I have with Tookie is that he maintains his innocence; has never apologized or repented. --- That's no reason to kill him, but it shows he's a coward and liar.
    Unless, of course, he didn't do it.

He has said that if confessing will keep him from getting executed, he'd rather die.

Doesn't sound like a coward to me.

--
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast