Topic: Concerns about GigaStudio with Sonar and Roland XP-80

Share/Bookmark

Concerns about GigaStudio with Sonar and Roland XP-80

I was wondering if I\'ll have any problems with this setup:

Sonar XL 2.0
    GigaStudio96
    Roland XP-80
    AudioPhile 2496

Basically I plan to compose tunes in Sonar using sounds from both GigaStudio and my Roland XP-80. Sooo.. I\'m not sure on how this will work, but can the AudioPhile 2496 handle this? I will be adding MIDI instruments in Sonar that will use samples in my XP-80.. and I\'ll have MIDI instruments in Sonar that will be using samples in GigaStudio. I should get 64 voices from my Roland and 96 from GS..right?

I just got kinda worried because I read about someone not getting stereo sound because they were using Sonar & GS96. Could someone elaborate? I want to make sure my setup will work OK.

Thanks!

Sam

Re: Concerns about GigaStudio with Sonar and Roland XP-80

\"Basically I plan to compose tunes in Sonar using sounds from both GigaStudio and my Roland XP-80. Sooo.. I\'m not sure on how this will work, but can the AudioPhile 2496 handle this?\"

In short, your Audiophile has midi in/out and GSIF driver and that\'s all I know about it. If it\'s any help, I cannot see why it shouldn\'t work unless Audiophile is very different from most cards.

In Sonar/midi devices you should see Audiophile in/out and Nemesys midi out

Use the Audiophile in/out for your XP-80 and Nemesys out for Gigastudio96

\"I will be adding MIDI instruments in Sonar that will use samples in my XP-80.. and I\'ll have MIDI instruments in Sonar that will be using samples in GigaStudio. I should get 64 voices from my Roland and 96 from GS..right?\"

Yes

Go Back to forum