• Register
  • Help

Topic: choas qwestion

Share/Bookmark

choas qwestion

Hi.I have been doing some stuff here with RMX.My problem is that when I do the chaos(Iknow I speeled it rong abuv)(I could have changed it but I'm not that bakwords compatable).As in capturing it.Then dragging the file to a track it doesn't re-itterate.It seems more a switch.I never get a defined midi file.Should I then uncheck the chaos button? Also some of the areas of chaos work without having to capture them when played back.I am dragging the files into Logic. Not triggering in groove mode or by hand. Anyone noticed this? Or am I doing something wrong.I know that using the same loop and then doubling it or halving it has its' own little ticks also.I drag the loop and then drag a duobled loop of the same loop.Sometimes it works and others I have to go back and forth.Clicking the loop above it then the original loop again and clicking double again to get it to work.I have watched the videos.It just seems odd.Does anyone have a way to do it by the numbers that works consistently? JON

Re: choas qwestion

Did you read the Chaos Chapter in the Reference Guide?

It covers all these questions in detail. You'd get the most complete answer there.

Please excuse my thickness:
    I can't seem to find the aforementioned Reference Guide anywhere in the RMX Community section. (I have DL'd all the videos, though). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Will do.I thought the videos were all I needed. The refernce is under help if you have RMX open and up to date at version 1.5..Thanks again JON

Sorry X may not have been clear there.If you click the bottom rite button.The one you use for save and midi.There is a help file. JON

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    Please excuse my thickness:
    I can't seem to find the aforementioned Reference Guide anywhere in the RMX Community section. (I have DL'd all the videos, though). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    The 1.5 Video Tour shows how to access it if you still are having trouble finding it:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/St...-1_5_Tour.html

There's also a specific video about "Using the Reference Guide" which is really helpful. Did you download that one?

The Reference Guide is massive and really contains the full comprehensive info about all subjects in RMX. The videos are intended to complement the material in the Reference Guide, but you should definitely be using them both to Master the instrument.

Thanks, Eric.

I've been "poking" at the videos in no particular order (not very efficient, I know ) so that would explain why I missed it. But I'm still having a very productive (and fun) time with RMX!

Go Back to forum