• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Our New CD

Share/Bookmark

Our New CD

For those that like various forms of commercial vocal jazz with horns, here's a link to our new CD. All players are human, performing live in the studio. Instrumentation is 5 horns, rhythm, and percussion. The only samples are of the Motif ES Rhodes on some tunes. The styles vary from traditional "Small Big Band style" to smooth jazz to "Steely Dan-esque" on the song "Gravy". The audio quality of CD Baby's mp3's leaves a lot to be desired, but I hope to rectify that soon.

I just thought that after all the time I've been here, I don't think I ever played y'all any of our stuff. Hope you like:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/deannajones

Re: Our New CD

You're right the MP3's are mono and have a top end response of about 3-4k.
    Nice stuff though, thank you for sharing the link!

dpDan

Liked the rhodes and Hrns on Gravy. Shame about sound quality though. I bet the drummer wasn't really bashing cardboard boxes and rusty cans. 32k is a bit bestial.
    What instrument do you Play?
    regards

Joaz,

I'm the pianist/arranger. I do think you misundersood something though. The CD itself doesn't sound bad; only the sample mp3's do. In about a week or so we're going to put up another site with higher quality mp3's.

CDBaby is such a popular site for selling CD's; I've never understood how they can get away with such poor sounding mp3's. Thanks for listening, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    CDBaby is such a popular site for selling CD's; I've never understood how they can get away with such poor sounding mp3's.
    Actually, I think that's exactly how they do sell a lot of that junk, at least as far as many of the bands I've heard there

Not you of course, I realy liked your/Deanna's stuff! Looking forward to better MP3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    Joaz,

I'm the pianist/arranger. I do think you misundersood something though.
    No Journeyman, I wasnt seeking to impeach the quality of your CD. I realise it is just an MP3 problem.
    Lovely Rhodes and Arranging man.
    If the price is right, my band play the odd wedding, one time the bride and groom, requested one of our original tunes for the first dance, and had a great choreography worked out to it. What fun, man, I wish we coulda taken them on tour with us.
    regards

Congratulation, Journeyman, on the release of your new CD. Very well done, eventhough the mp3 quality don't do it justice.

Congratulations on finishing your CD. I just finished one recently, so I know that's a great feeling. (Mine will be on CD baby as soon as I can get it there.)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Very nice. I don't understand this kind of music but it's very easy to listen to. Nice playing.

When I hit "Play All - Broadband," I got 128K mp3s. Swingin'!

Go Back to forum