• Register
  • Help

Topic: Faulty disk?

Faulty disk?

Hi all, just received GPO today. (Yay!)

I do have a problem, however. I emailed Gary first, but then discovered this forum. So I'll ask here.

When I went to install, everything went smoothly with the first disk. When it asked for the second disk, however, nothing happened after I put the second disk in the drive and clicked OK. I.e. the installer never reappeared; all I can see is the Windows folder with an .nks file in it (which can't open the file).

Does this mean I have a faulty disk?

I really want to get this installed and start playing!

Re: Faulty disk?

I recall seeing a similar post some time ago.

I think the answer was that after the second is disk is inserted and "OK'd", another dialogue box comes up, but is hidden by another window. Try moving any open windows on your screen to see if this is the case.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Orcas Island

Also, sometimes it can take a while for the disc to install. If Richard's suggestion doesn't work and it still doesn't work, email me and I'll send a replacement.

Gary Garritan

Thanks. I tried both of the above - minimizing everything, and waiting. I even went out of the room. Nothing ever came up. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling again from scratch, and encountered the same problem. So I'm guessing it's a disk issue.

A private email is on the way to you, Gary. Thanks for your service.

I finally got an install on about the fourth try. Thanks, folks. Hopefully, I'll never need to reinstall....

Go Back to forum