• Register
  • Help

Topic: AKG K240 headpnones?

Share/Bookmark

AKG K240 headpnones?

Does anyone else experience low volume and an odd sounding cross-over on AKG K240 headphones?

These sound great with recorded music, and for most sample sets, but with pianos I often get low volume and an odd sound on the notes around E5 (assuming C4 as middle C). Not exactly a sine wave, but a weird unaccoustic sound that stands out as electronic.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: AKG K240 headpnones?

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Does anyone else experience low volume and an odd sounding cross-over on AKG K240 headphones?

These sound great with recorded music, and for most sample sets, but with pianos I often get low volume and an odd sound on the notes around E5 (assuming C4 as middle C). Not exactly a sine wave, but a weird unaccoustic sound that stands out as electronic.

Or am I doing something wrong?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">These are rather well known for their inefficiency. If you have them on the same amp circuit as, say Sony 7506s, the person wearing the Sony\'s will be getting his brains liquified while the person wearing the AKGs will be giving the \"crank it up\" signal.

I prefer the 7506s to the AKGs, but you\'ll find both in studios all over the world.

Go Back to forum