• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another "Holly And Ivy"

Birmingham, England

Another "Holly And Ivy"

I've been listening to MarkOne's "Holly" - it's excellent and I highly recommend it.

Here's another arrangement I also made recently - not for comparison to Mark's, which couldn't be bettered IMO, but just for general interest. Both our arrangements feature sleigh bells; however mine has a newly-composed middle section.

Re: Another "Holly And Ivy"

Gorgeous treatment of this piece. Especially loved the rhythmic background by the strings in the opening. It gave the orchestration a "send-off" that never retreated. Very well done in my opinion. Also, liked your variety in stating the melody with different instruments.

Your command of GPO is very apparent and your music is always very well-crafted.

Thanks Jonray for providing a very entertaining listen.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Another "Holly And Ivy"

This is one of quite a few tunes that was not able to make it onto the Christmas CD, but was certainly a great submission. Thanks for posting this Jon!

Thumbs up Re: Another "Holly And Ivy"

Nice work!

Thanks for your different version1 Now i know more about this nice carrol!

Go Back to forum