• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic EXS24 Experts Question

Share/Bookmark

Logic EXS24 Experts Question

Hi,
    This has the experts stumped; maybe somebody can help me.

1. Open an EXS24 instrument
    2. There are 2 ways of viewing all your EXS24 instruments: Editor or Controls
    3. Click on Controls
    4. Click on Instruments—this shows all your EXS24 instruments; in my case about 18,000
    5. Is there a way of copying this list of 18,000 instruments as a text file? I see hundreds of instruments I didn’t know I had. I want to print this list.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom here

Re: Logic EXS24 Experts Question

Don't think so - but redmaticas EXS manager will povide a snapshot of your library.

autopilot,
    Thanks for replying. Just learned on another forum: Apple+Shift+3 creates a pdf file bit by bit. I'll probably have to create 20-30 pdf files to capture all
    18,000. How do I scan the pdf file into TextEdit or Word. Do I have toprint the PDF file and actually use a scanner?

How do I scan the pdf file into TextEdit or Word. Do I have toprint the PDF file and actually use a scanner?
    Select text inside the pdf-document (in Acrobat Reader, you may have to click the symbol with a T and a rectangle - the select text symbol). After this you should be able to paste the selected text into a text file.

If you are using Windows, you can get a freeware pdf-document-creator here:

http://www.pdf995.com/

It's very easy to create pdf-documents with this. Simply print the page, but instead of selecting your printer as output, you can select a pdf-output instead. Using this tool, and if you print as landscape, you just might be able to get all instruments printed out to one single pdf-file.

ctrl+shift+apple+4 makes a cross hair. Highlight which part you want. After it takes a pic it auto places it on the clipboard to paste anywhere you want (i.e. a Word doc or email).

not sure if that helps speed up the process
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Go Back to forum