• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: TCHAIKOVSKY'S NUTCRACKER BALLET - Player Imbedded in this Thread.

Share/Bookmark

TCHAIKOVSKY'S NUTCRACKER BALLET - Player Imbedded in this Thread.

Enjoy more songs of the season while surfing Northern Sounds with our new embedded Nutcracker Player.
    [mov]http://www.garritan.com/nutplayer.swf[/mov]
    The Nutcracker Ballet has been inspiring audiences for over a century. I remember when I was a child my parents would take me to see the Nutcracker performed by the NYC Ballet. I never did forget the magic. Snowflakes and flowers dance, toys come to life, the mice do battle, the Christmas tree soars high, an ethereal on-stage snowstorm, Mother Ginger, the Sugar Plum Fairy and so many beautiful ballet dancers and dazzling sets.

Many years later and I feel like a child again experiencing the Northwest Ballet's performance of this time-honored classic. What was really special this time is that the was done almost entirely with Personal Orchestra! This entire full-length production was almost two hours and performed at the historic Mount Baker Theatre in Bellingham, WA (a beautiful opulent and ornate 1,500 seat theatre built in the 1920's).

Here's the link to our Nutcracker page:
    http://www.garritan.com/Nutcracker.html

A special thank you to those who worked so hard to sequence the music for this successful performance, especially to Jim Ortner who did almost the entire sequencing for the show. Thanks to Francesco Marchetti, Robert Davis, Frank Spitznagel and Tom Hopkins for their contributions to the music. Thanks also to John Biship who shared the vision for this sequenced production of the Nutcracker. John Bishop, has been a professional dancer, choreographer, and teacher for over 30 years and has danced for many years with the American Ballet Theatre in New York as well as with major ballet companies throughout the world. An also thanks to the dancers for gracing this music with their talent. And thanks PapaChalk for making it possible to embed this player in the forum.

Enjoy the music and Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan

Mt.Baker Theatre Stage

Re: TCHAIKOVSKY'S NUTCRACKER BALLET - Player Imbedded in this Thread.

This is incredible!!!!
    Many thanks and congratulations to all concerned. Mr. Ortner - you're a genius!!!
    Wonderful!!
    Jon

Shizen I laughed at this.

Hilarious!!

I thought it was a joke at first and then to my amazement, it really plays!!

You never know what to expect from ol' Gary!!

That's brilliant. Thank you so much for this holiday treat. It's just not the holidays without hearing (and usually seeing) this classic.

Thumbs up Re: TCHAIKOVSKY'S NUTCRACKER BALLET - Player Imbedded in this Thread.

I watched the Nutcracker on the tele last night. This project has to be my favorite of all on this forum! Superbly programmed and would have never been so magical without Garritan Libraries!
    Thanks so much Gary this makes my day.
    Styxx

One itsy bitsy problem that I am experiencing, when I continue to surf our forum the music stops or starts all ova again. What’s up doc?
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: TCHAIKOVSKY'S NUTCRACKER BALLET - Player Imbedded in this Thread.

Man, I am drooling over that theatre! I would give my left lower earlobe to work at such a facility and eventually melt into its foundation forever ...
    Styxx

Woohoo!! I love the Nutcracker!

Many thanks to those who made this player possible! Great work!

I will enjoy listening to this . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Woohoo!! I love the Nutcracker!

Many thanks to those who made this player possible! Great work!

I will enjoy listening to this . . .
    Me too!
    It's a beautiful piece!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Man, I am drooling over that theatre! I would give my left lower earlobe to work at such a facility and eventually melt into its foundation forever ...
    The theatre sounds as good as it looks.

To listen to the player while surfing, just open up another browser window to surf and keep this thread open to listen.

Go Back to forum