• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EWQL Vapor and Adrenaline... what You think about them?

Share/Bookmark

Question EWQL Vapor and Adrenaline... what You think about them?

EWQL VAPOR and ADRENALINE...

What You think about them.... for blending with orchestra and stormdrum and RA to achieve a Matrix Style music ?

Re: EWQL Vapor and Adrenaline... what You think about them?

I think that Stylus RMX is about 1000 times better!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

yes, Stylus is well known to be a Synth sounds collection as Vapor...

I already have Stylus RMX and it's gr8....
    The SAGE Expander "Metamorphosis" is on the way to me....

I'll see first what metamorphosis will give to me...

I have noticed something.

The guys at KVR tend to be clueless about orchestral stuff, while the guys here tend to be the same with synth stuff.

There's absolutely no reason why you need to buy sample libraries for synth sounds--just get synths! They don't take up gigabytes of your hard drives space, and they have FAR more possibilities for sound sculpting and tweaking. Any of the current softsynths will be much more interesting than a sample library synth.

Here are some good ones for you to consider:

z3ta+
    Rhino
    Absynth
    Reaktor (modular)
    Tera
    Cube
    Albino
    Korg Legacy Collection
    CS80V
    Minimoog
    Moog Modular
    Minimonsta
    Kubik

And here are some FREE softsynths that rival the quality of the commercial ones:

Green Oak Crystal
    Superwave p8
    Ichiro Toda's Synth 1
    Ugo's Motion, rez, String Theory,Texture

There are a ton more listed at KVR.

The only drawback with softsynths is that they tax your CPU (while samples tax your RAM). I think the only reason to get sampled synth libraries is if you're after certain authentic hardware synth sounds that can't be reproduced with current softsynths (Waldorf synths, for example). USB's Ultrafocus was created for that exact reason (as is Sonik Synth 2).

And another nice thing about synths is that they often come with tons of presets - so its like having a sample library you can actually modify at the basic levels.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    And another nice thing about synths is that they often come with tons of presets - so its like having a sample library you can actually modify at the basic levels.

steve
    And also there are lots of free user-made presets you can download for free on the internet. That alone makes synths far better deals than sample library synths.

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    EWQL VAPOR and ADRENALINE...

What You think about them.... for blending with orchestra and stormdrum and RA to achieve a Matrix Style music ?
    You want to buy Vapor or Adrenaline only if you want some pre-written riffs. For instance if you need a ton of techno tracks in a hurry (that's my main use.) Or if your techno chops aren't too good and need some pre-written stuff where the creative part is already done for you.

You can definitely get some Matrix style tracks using them.

The main thing to know is these are already written tracks. Bass lines, lead lines, etc where you can change the tempo but not much else. Sure, you can mix and match to create "new" works, but you won't be able to get as original as you might want.

- Mike Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatique
    There's absolutely no reason why you need to buy sample libraries for synth sounds--just get synths! They don't take up gigabytes of your hard drives space, and they have FAR more possibilities for sound sculpting and tweaking. Any of the current softsynths will be much more interesting than a sample library synth.
    You're right, but as you said the posters here tend to be unfamiliar with synths. I doubt many people here could get the type of "finished" sounds vapor offers in with little experience or time using a software synth.

I own Vapor and have yet to use it in a song. I did recently upgrade the patches through EWQL's site. It just reorganizes the patches in a s "supposedly" more user fireindly way. Heck, I think it even sounds better now

Pads are nice and some of them are so thick i have to leave the room to play them. (or only play 2 note chords)

Some of the basses actually apologize for being so wimpy when I play them...

Sound FX are great for scaring the cat...

Leads are nice... If your nice to them...

Multis are actually pretty cool. but again so fat the other instruments complain that there's no air left.

Hey isn't it on sale for like 69 bucks???!!!! Dude, get it... Even if you don't like it you can check out your reflection in the cool silver box!

Yowsa!

Darren

Seriously for the coin it's cool. Not Atmosphere... but nice.
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum