• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Kontakt Player

Share/Bookmark

GPO Kontakt Player

Hello,

I'm planning on buying GPO and was wondering if the Kontakt player included is a full-featured one? I recently bought the PMI Emperor but have been running into a polyphony limit problem with Gigastudio LE. If I get the Kontakt version of Emperor, will the GPO player be able to play it? I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade Gigastudio to a version with a higher polyphony. The full version of Kontakt says it can import Giga files - does this work with the PMI libraries? Does it work well?

Thanks,
    Chinmay

Re: GPO Kontakt Player

Quote Originally Posted by ChinmayL
    Hello,

I'm planning on buying GPO and was wondering if the Kontakt player included is a full-featured one? I recently bought the PMI Emperor but have been running into a polyphony limit problem with Gigastudio LE. If I get the Kontakt version of Emperor, will the GPO player be able to play it? I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade Gigastudio to a version with a higher polyphony. The full version of Kontakt says it can import Giga files - does this work with the PMI libraries? Does it work well?

Thanks,
    Chinmay
    Hi Chinmay,
    the Kontakt Player is a built-in sample player, that uses the kontakt enginge. It is a runtime version, so no "tweaking". But it is no LE-Version - it serves GPO well, no polyphony-Problem. But it is GPO-only - like the kontakt version of emperor, the engine is not accessible and will only play the respective samples.

I am facing the same question right now - I do have Gigastudio Solo and thinking about an upgrade. Or you can upgrade the kontakt player to the full version for a good discount. GPO can be run on the full Kontakt Version then plus tweaking. Kontakt can import Giga - but devil is in the detail. MOST of the samples work well, but if all layers, articulation, controls are transfered - it is a case by case thing, unfortunatley. I personal like the sound of Giga very much, much more than Kontakt 2, but Kontakt 2 is far more stable.

I think I will end up with GIGA Solo and the upgrade to Kontakt Full Version. Than I can live in both worlds, in case.

For the record, you don't just pop GPO into the full version kontakt. AFAIK GPO was built in kontakt 1.5 the new one is version 2 and they are different animals. People have a lot of trouble loading different file formats (giga etc.) into K2 Kontakt fourm is a major bitchfest. Don't go there if your easily swayed. The major sample developers seem to like its power, they are using it but I think it may be a bit of a work in progress or at the least complicated to work with. That said man it is cool . There is so much stuff under the hood. Kontakt is state of the art I do believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPearlPlayer
    Hi Chinmay,
    the Kontakt Player is a built-in sample player, that uses the kontakt enginge. It is a runtime version, so no "tweaking". But it is no LE-Version - it serves GPO well, no polyphony-Problem. But it is GPO-only - like the kontakt version of emperor, the engine is not accessible and will only play the respective samples.

I am facing the same question right now - I do have Gigastudio Solo and thinking about an upgrade. Or you can upgrade the kontakt player to the full version for a good discount. GPO can be run on the full Kontakt Version then plus tweaking. Kontakt can import Giga - but devil is in the detail. MOST of the samples work well, but if all layers, articulation, controls are transfered - it is a case by case thing, unfortunatley. I personal like the sound of Giga very much, much more than Kontakt 2, but Kontakt 2 is far more stable.

I think I will end up with GIGA Solo and the upgrade to Kontakt Full Version. Than I can live in both worlds, in case.
    What do you mean by saying that GIGA sounds far better than Kontakt 2? Please explain in greater depth, because I just purchased K2. Thanks.

Go Back to forum