• Register
  • Help

Topic: Updating to Kontakt 2, will all my libraries work ok?

Share/Bookmark

Updating to Kontakt 2, will all my libraries work ok?

Remember some talk of some libraries having problems with K2...but I need to get the features of K2 to fully realize TBO and others. Here is a list of the ones I am worried about:

Scarbee RSP
    GPO
    VintAudio Yamaha C7
    Post Pianos Emperor Old Lady

thanks, your reply will save me some digging........I am just a little overbooked through the end of the year

Alan

Re: Updating to Kontakt 2, will all my libraries work ok?

I think they will all work great. It's mostly Kompakt libraries that cannot get loaded in the current K2 version, the rest have no problem.
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Theodor; which Kompakt libraries are having problems? QLSO seems to load fine in K2.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Greetings

I have already used the Old Lady and the Scarbee RSP in K2 and found no problems.

welldone

I can confirm that Emperor and Old Lady work great in K2, and the (downloadable) K2 multis sound and feel significantly better thanks to scripting and convolution.
    Also remember that the K2 installation does not replace the previous version, so you could always keep using the old one for any library that might have problems in K2.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Aversa
    Theodor; which Kompakt libraries are having problems? QLSO seems to load fine in K2.
    It doesn't seem to be a standard line of libraries. I know people who can load all of them and people who can load almost none.

The key is to have loaded the libraries in a version of Kontakt 2, that has not been updated at all. If you load them straight into the new version they might not load.
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

There's an issue with some libs becoming unregistered if you upgrade to 2.02 Stick to 2.01 and you'll be fine.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Go Back to forum