• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Organic"

This is my "Organic" which features the GPO organ, with which I have blended the sounds of other instruments, including flute, clarinet, piccolo, etc. With this method, you can have an almost unlimited number of different organ sounds.

Larry G. Alexander

Re: "Organic"

Organarific! There you go again. I think that you have posted the most demos on the GPO forum. Hey Gary, does Larry win a most posted music of the year award? This guys hot!!!

Cool trick using the winds over the organ. As much time as you've spent with this library you'll probably start making the string section sound like human voices, or make the cello sound like a person talking.

Keep going!!!!! You turn out some great tunes.
    (The Nut )

Thanks very much, Fingers.

I must get a life some day.

Larry G. Alexander

Hi again

Just checked out Organic as well. I agree with "88". DO you hold the record for the most music posted on the forum. Your prolific-ness makes Bach look like a lazy good for nothin. Enjoyed the piece. The layering is interesting. Something I've never tried. Is organ your first instrument?

I should post an organ piece I did years ago for my brother's wedding and get your feedback.

Thanks for sharing (all) your music. Keep it coming!
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

I don't know about the number of posts. Who keeps score? I don't.

I would like to hear your organ composition. Post it.

I'm not a qualified keyboard person. I key each note in with my trusty mouse.

Larry G. Alexander

The GPO organ stops are wonderful; but, as an old pipe organist (that would be both me and the pipe organs that are old), I do miss the variety that's typical of a healthy sample of the real animal.

This is a neat way to get some of that back, Larry -- good idea!

But I'm going to bicker with your interpretation of your own piece for a change, Larry. I think, were I playing it, I would probably have taken this considerably quicker and brighter.

Go Back to forum