• Help

Topic: Axolotls

Share/Bookmark

Axolotls

This is the latest addition to my suite, "Arachnids and Things"

Axolotls in the Aquifer
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=79448

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. The mp3 is the GPO Steinway.

I expect it will be fun to play, although a bit difficult. The GPO mp3 is the best way to listen, unless you can configure Scorch to play your favorite piano sample device.

richardw

Re: Axolotls

Richard,
    I've been following your "Arachnids and Things" and have enjoyed all of them a lot. Your rhythms are fascinating, even when you do something more traditional. I would love to see what you could do with "skeeters".

Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Hi Richard
    I listened to the piece watching the score, and then again listening on the GPO Steinway. I thought that it would be an interesting comparision and wow what a difference with the Steinway (I know...of, course). Very intriguing piece. I enjoy your rhythms and the way you use of the whole instrument is delightful. The piano is SUCH a great instrument and composers often forget their are more than three of four octaves to play with.
    Thanks for posting this. Emjoyed listening very much.

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Well, I have been remiss and missed the first postings in the series. What is the inspiration behind this! I love the almost jazzy syncopation above the rigid right hand 16ths. Even the chordal voicing lends itself to an almost ragtime sound halfway through. I thought this was quirky and fun. I hope it is meant that way, I do hope that I am not offending you by taking it lightly. i will listen later with a different ear, if I am mistaken. I enjoyed this and will search the postings for your previous submissions in the series.

Cheers!
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll
    Well, I have been remiss and missed the first postings in the series. What is the inspiration behind this! I love the almost jazzy syncopation above the rigid right hand 16ths. Even the chordal voicing lends itself to an almost ragtime sound halfway through. I thought this was quirky and fun. I hope it is meant that way, I do hope that I am not offending you by taking it lightly. i will listen later with a different ear, if I am mistaken. I enjoyed this and will search the postings for your previous submissions in the series.

Cheers!
    ~Paula
    You got it right! The other two in the series:

A Jigger of Chiggers
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=73568

Spider in the Cider
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=71550

There will be more added from time to time.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Hi Richard
    I enjoy your rhythms and the way you use of the whole instrument is delightful. The piano is SUCH a great instrument and composers often forget their are more than three of four octaves to play with.
    Thanks for posting this. Emjoyed listening very much.

Paul
    One of Richard's more endearing quirks is that he does indeed make sure he uses the whole piano. If he doesn't get a note in one piece, you can bet he'll find it in the next one... lol.

Seriously, a fine piece. Richard, one of the problems I have with your work is finding a way to talk about it... it definitely stirs both intellect, and, often enough, emotive reaction -- yet it's so strikingly original in many regards, and my experience of it so difficult to define, that words don't work well in discussion of it.

Suffice it, perhaps, to say that I enjoy the works and often listen several times, as to this one. Call me one of your non-verbal fans... lol.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum