• Register
  • Help

Topic: ALESIS M1 ACTIVE MONITORS

Share/Bookmark

ALESIS M1 ACTIVE MONITORS

Hi

I heard good things about these Monitors. What is the Range of these Monitors, and what music type would it be suited for? Any users out there or someone who can give me some info on yhr Active 1 Monitors?

Please shed some light its dark in here!!

Caveman

Re: ALESIS M1 ACTIVE MONITORS

Hiya...

Hmmm... you seem to like to use the phrase \"its dark in here\"... heheheeh... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You should check ou the review of the speaker by Sound on Sound at http://www.sospubs.co.uk

Do a search and it should show up. Its in the May 99 mag... I haven\'t used these before. I use Tannoy Active Reveals which I think are a little more expensive than the M1s but they are superb!

Later...
    meeehoon

Re: ALESIS M1 ACTIVE MONITORS

Hi Caveman,
    I have those speakers and I\'m just selling them because I will need a pair of smaller ones to move them from/to my house. I\'ve been mixing all of my works using them since I started writing music for my first album. I have to say they are good reference monitors especially for the lower frequencies, which tend to be maybe the most delicate section to deal with when mixing: nowadays, every small hi-fi has powerful basses, so it\'s important to know how the basses sound in your mix to avoid overcharging them or make them disappear. The M1 Alesis have a very good tweeter section too for higher frequencies which never gave me problems for mixing. To be objective, maybe they have a con that is a slight overcharge in a small zone between the midrange, but I solved this problem by decreasing them on my mixer.

Read as more reviews as you can from the web in order to make sure you get the most out of different point of views. If you want to purchase my M1 Alesis I can ship them to you with no problems, just contact me using the email address you find in my site (the link is below)

Best luck!
    Alberto

Go Back to forum