• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Organ

Share/Bookmark

Organ

Hi Gary,

I would highly appreciate if you come up with a organ library in the future.

A variety of organs in the Kontakt player. Or as an add on to the existing JABB or GPO.

Vipin

Re: Organ

Quote Originally Posted by korgsp200
    Hi Gary,

I would highly appreciate if you come up with a organ library in the future.

A variety of organs in the Kontakt player. Or as an add on to the existing JABB or GPO.

Vipin
    Thanks for adding one more voice to my continuing lament.

Richard

Have you guys checked out SAM's new Mystique organ?? It sounds like a lovely instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Have you guys checked out SAM's new Mystique organ?? It sounds like a lovely instrument.
    Well, tell me more. I would like to check it out. But I am quite thoroughly satisfied with GPO other than the organ limitations, and will probably wait for Gary to drop his surpise on us. But, if you tell me where to find it, I will check it out. I could not find it with my search.

Richard

Wink Re: Organ

I has been looking for an organ lib for Kontakt or standalone. I really need a symphonic or modern (church) organ with capabilities of swell box, crec ped, and etc...

I was disappointed that Bestservice stoped production of PE Church Organ. I was disappointed again by Sam organ because it is not what I was looking for.
    Hope that some makers come up with a good one for Kontakt (or Standalone). VSL annouced one that looks promising. Hope others would follow.

I know that organ market is smaller. But I do need it because of my choral writings.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Arrow Re: Organ

YES!! ORGAN!!
    Can someone sample the Wanamaker Organ in Philly PA?
    This should be the page for the Wanabaker organ specs: http://www.wanamakerorgan.com/index1.html (OK, you have to click on 'specifications' on the left)
    and here's the stoplist: http://www.wanamakerorgan.com/stoplist.html

I'd love to be able to harness the power of the Wanamaker string division!! *drool* I want to play that thing so bad...

-Chris

My one gig this Christmas was singing in a choir with what is probably the largest modern acoustic church pipe organ in Atlanta and possibly the Southeast, at Peachtree Presbyterian Church.

After the show I checked it out online and was surprised to discover that two of the three 32-foot pedal ranks of this organ were in fact "digital" which is to say samples played back through what must be some massive subwoofers up there in the pipe boxes.

http://www.allenorgan.com/www/news/a...nta/news1.html

"with 50 Renaissance digital voices complementing an 88-rank Schlicker pipe organ"

It's interesting that this practice is completely mainstream today. The biggest churches with the most money don't mind having digital stops alongside the acoustic ones.

So I guess that a set of organ samples for computer would have to do the same. It would have to offer samples of digital samples used in massive pipe organ installations.

Oh, and this church just got a Bösendorfer 290 piano, the one with 97 keys. These people are serious about contrabass.

Hmm. I wonder what they charge for one of these:

http://www.allenorgan.com/www/produc...nensemble.html

It's a digital pipe organ and General MIDI sound set (!) in one hardware package, designed to be used with an Allen organ console.

Probably severely overpriced, but it's the only way to get those particular Allen organ sounds.

I wonder what church organists would do if they realized they could get all their sounds for a few hundred bucks, played from inside a laptop computer.

Of course you'd still need the gargantuan organ console with five manuals plus pedals, and a huge surround sound system acoustically tuned to the sanctuary--which is why you pay the big bucks to a company like Allen in the first place.

Where is Gary going to come up with enough "Organ Donors" for another library?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum