• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tabletop Keyboard Stand?

Question Tabletop Keyboard Stand?

I may sound strange, but I really need this.
    I currently use a Roland JV-90 as my main keyboard controller. I love the keyboard action and feel, I hate the Roland 'paddle' pitch/mod controller.
    In an effort to make a multipurpose purchase, I decided to get a Novation X-Station 25 to use with my laptop as a 'go-anywhere-studio' solution. It has an unlatchable joystick for pitch/mod AND a touchpad, which will allow even more expression control.
    For my dream setup, I'd like to be able to place the X-Station, ABOVE the left-hand side of the JV-90, almost like a two-tier setup. My Roland sits on a desk, at the perfect height, monitors behind it. Since this is my 'home' studio, I wouldn't want to use any a-frame, x-frame, z-frame or whatever other stand for BOTH keyboards. I just need something that would hold the smaller controller, above and to the left of the other one. Does it make sense??

Does anyone have any ideas or specific products I could use to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help!!!

Re: Tabletop Keyboard Stand?

I usually do stuff like that with a couple books... something like a Gore Vidal novel in paperback will usually get you about 3" of height, about right for raising something above keyboard level...

Re: Tabletop Keyboard Stand?

I'm similarly hi-tech - I've used the box that the keyboard came to raise it to the correct height!
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum