• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB w/Finale 2006b -- CPU memory overload

JABB w/Finale 2006b -- CPU memory overload

I'm running Finale 2006b w/ JABB on Mac G5 (OS 10.4.3). I've got a big band (5-4-4-4) loaded w/1 inst per trk. Whether I load front line or "notation" instruments, I'm getting clicks/pops during tutti scoring segments. I suspect this is a RAM issue but am unsure how to solve. If anyone can guide (including how best to adjust the RAM), please let me know.

Also: Has anyone tweaked the JABB/GPO ambience settings to find a compromise between the big chambers and the dry "parlor?" Even the smaller "jazz rooms" are a bit too affected for my taste.

NW Illinois

Re: JABB w/Finale 2006b -- CPU memory overload

Make sure you've downloaded and installed the latest Finale update, 2006b. Have a look at the GPO/HP PDF tutorial that MakeMusic just provided. The steps it lists for squeeking the best performance out of GPO is applicable to JBB also.

Power Profile User
    Brant Lake NY

Re: JABB w/Finale 2006b -- CPU memory overload

I've upgraded to 2006b and find no problems with anything except at the end of a playback. There is a repeated sound of the last note that's played. I wish I could describe it better but I can't. It has nothing to do with voulme, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I've been in touch with Finale and I sent them a file that does that, but it doesn't do it on their computer. I've had this problem since I first installed 2006. I can get rid of it if I make an audio file of the piece and just edit it out. I would appreciate any feedback on this. It's has me stumped. It doesn't happen in 2005. It might be GPO related but I'm just guessing. Thanks. (What does JABB mean?)

Go Back to forum