• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO in Kontakt 2 takes more voices

GPO in Kontakt 2 takes more voices

I know there is another Kontakt 2 thread, but my question is a little bit different.
    I have Kontakt 2, and I want to use GPO from Kontakt 2 instead of the GPO kontakt player. The reason for this is that the Kontakt 2 players have many features that are not available from the GPO kontakt players.

Anyways, I tried it, and although I can load GPO instruments in Kontakt 2, there are a couple weird things that happen.
    1. The instruments use up more voices. For instance, instantiating a Violin 1 KS string section requires 3 voices per note in Kontakt 2, and only 2 in the GPO kontakt player. Anyone know why? It also sounds way different. I noticed the Kontakt 2 version included ADSR and EQ. It sounds different, and in some ways better in Kontakt 2. Anyone know why?
    2. The kontakt 2 versions seem to glitch every now and then. I think it's because they run out of available voices. I think they run out because of the longer release times, but I'm not sure. Anyone else try this and can share some pointers with me?

If anyone else is running GPO inside Kontakt 2, please share your experiences.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: GPO in Kontakt 2 takes more voices

I'll let others add their experiences but you should be aware of this: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36092

Go Back to forum