• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quirkles

Share/Bookmark

Quirkles

Never before have I encountered a Quirkle, and did not know what they might be. Now that this has appeared to me, I have an idea of what a Quirkle may be. Perhaps a few more samples will add to my knowledge of what a Quirkle is. Like rabbits, where there is one to be found, there will very likely be more. Thus, here is Quirkle Nr. 1, implying or suggesting more to be found.

Quirkle Nr. 1
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=79648

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. The mp3 is the GPO Steinway.

Richard

Re: Quirkles

Richard,

Though I have no idea about what Quirkles are, the music is very unique. I am being always surprised by your compositions. Though the format is classical but the music is like sounding from another universe. Amazing.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

I enjoyed this piece, but (on my computer, at least) the Scorch version played at a faster tempo than the mp3. I liked the slower performance better. It felt like a contemplation wandering across the keyboard, and that was a nice quality to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M
    I enjoyed this piece, but (on my computer, at least) the Scorch version played at a faster tempo than the mp3. I liked the slower performance better. It felt like a contemplation wandering across the keyboard, and that was a nice quality to hear.
    Yes, there is a disparity in tempo. The mp3 is the better tempo. It pleases me that you noticed the difference.

J.Y., I like your description of my music. Thanks.

Richard

Well, after hearing this, I'm not sure about this Quirkle. Odd chap, isn't he? But, seriously...once again you have painted a picture in my mind. I am now curous what other types of Quirkles exist! Thanks for another fun piece!
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

My first encounter with a Quirkle was many, many years ago (they spelt it "Kwirkle" back then, as the letter Q had not yet been invented). It was, for me, a memorably inconguent tantilization of my cerebral underwear, and I have itched slightly in certain areas ever since.

Neat piece, Richard; and the moreso in light of my own experience, as it evoked that familiar cortical impression so well.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum