• Register
  • Help

Topic: Your opinion about Solton MS100 as a master keyboard? Some info available here..

Share/Bookmark

Your opinion about Solton MS100 as a master keyboard? Some info available here..

Hi,

I`m still trying to put a giga system.
    I have just found that at a local dealer.

Solton ms100 by ketron.

The keyboard has 76 semi-weighted keys with 4 dynamic curves, Aftertouch, 2 Modulation and Pitch Bend Wheels. Other effects provided are Portamento, Global Transposer, Octave Down, Full Chord and Arabic Scale.

Here is the only english review that I can find...

It`s priced at $600 (Second hand)

Is this good/enough for giga system?
    Or should I chose something like M-Audio Radium?

Any comments will be great..

Thanks in advance..
    Arty

Re: Your opinion about Solton MS100 as a master keyboard? Some info available here..

Hi, Arty-i\'m going to basically copy what I just said elsewhere/.

You need BOTH weighted controller for piano articulation, and semi- or unweighted keys for good synth and other instrument articulation. i find it almost impossible to get a smooth string or pad bed with my weighted controller, but equally difficult to get that \'acoustic-piano\' feel on a synth keyboard.

My favorite keyboard for synth FEEL was the Rolad D70. Felt like oil-damped, kept back-pressure on the fingertip all the way down. But minimal controllers.

My favorite \'controller-based\' keyboard is the Kurzweil 2500/2600. TWO ribbon controllers, 8 assignable sliders, 10 assignable switches, built-in breath controller port, 2 pedal ins plus mod wheel and PB wheel. (It COULD use more foot controllers in, but still, Forking AMAZING!)

Not cheap, but you can do as much as is currently ossible one one keyboard-based controller. If you like piano action, get the 88-key 2500X, else one of the smaller ones. It\'s also a good sample player, if you need more sample options you have to get those add-ons, though, so if you want to start off less expensive and add on later, you MUST get the 2600, NOT the 2500. 26 lets YOU do the adding on, 2500 has to go to a service center...

Dasher

Re: Your opinion about Solton MS100 as a master keyboard? Some info available here..

Hi Dasher,

Sorry for the delay,
    Thanks for the reply,

While I liked Kurzweil 2500/2600 or Roland D70 I\'m pretty limited to this one because of budged resons.

It has 76 semi-weighted keys with 4 dynamic curves, Aftertouch, 2 Modulation and Pitch Bend Wheels. And that concludes it\'s contollers available to gigastudio.

Since gigastudio isn\'t using aftertouch (mentioned in one of the recents posts) I will just have 76 keys and one modwhell

So, can you say that is this keybard ok to get for use with gigastudio?

Thanks in advance..

Arty

Arty, perhaps you also consider some Fatar... It has also weighted keys and perhaps even cheaper than your solution.

I heard in the need of controllers the Oxygen 8 could be very helpful additional input.

Hansi

Go Back to forum