• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha P80

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha P80

Can anyone tell me exactley why my Yamaha P80 doesnt work very well with gigastudio, the notes just arnt loud enough. I got the setting on the piano on soft but it still kills me to play a loud note. Im considering swapping it for a faltar midi controller, what do you think. Also some guy said he\'d give me £400 for my P80 so I could think about getting a new one.

Re: Yamaha P80

Hiya...

What sequencer do you use with your GigaStudio setup??? If you are using Logic, you can insert a transformer between the \"physical input\" and the \"keyboard\" or \"sequencer/thru\" to boost your incoming midi signal from your P80...

I use a Technics SX-P30 and I can\'t even adjust the feel of it!!! I used to need to virtually drop a brick on the keys to get any velocities close to 115... But the trasnformer solved it all... Now I have different transformers for different instruments, ie guitars, GOS etc... And if I don\'t want it I just cable the transformer out of it...

Simple...

meeehoon

Hi

Nah I use Cubase vst32, Im really new to all this stuff but Im trying to just get composing with hardly any technical messing around. If you know any good articles to read please let me know?
    Oh yea, I dont suppose u know a program which will tell me the velocity im getting when i press a key like a test thingie???? I would like to know how high Im getting. Cheers

Hiya... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cubase eh??? I only ever use Cubasis VST 3 to extract the audio files on the \"VST Drum Sessions\" CD... In terms of Midi I really do not have a clue what\'s going on...

In Logic on the transport bar, there is a little window that displays all Midi I/O info as it happens... So I just have to strike a key and I would know the exact velocity... That way I can then adjust the transformer to boost the signal accordingly... There is also a Midi velocity compressor/expander in Logic, but this is not as useful compared to manually programming a transformer... I am sure Cubase will have something similar???

meeehoonn

I\'ve read that the P-80 won\'t transmit midi data above a 100 velocity. (And that Giga doesn\'t accurately transmit below about 25, which means the P-80 gives one a narrow velocity range.)

Try doing a search here for P-80.

Go Back to forum