• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PROBLEM: Loading Stradivari samples into Kontakt2

Share/Bookmark

PROBLEM: Loading Stradivari samples into Kontakt2

Received the Stardivari on Thursday, Dec. 22. I'm all excited!

SYSTEM:
    Kontakt2 (version 2.0.2.007)

OBSERVATIONS:
    1. Kontakt is reporting that it can't find--
    071105_ambience.wav
    mpnv34R#2.wav
    Of course, "071105" is included on the disc.
    However, "mpnv34R#2.wav" is no where to be found.
    2. After telling Kontakt to scan everything and proceed, Kontakt scans and loads "something". Results of loading . . .
    2.1 See and hear only "spiccato attack"
    2.2 Don't see any Key Switches (just active keys)
    2.3 Don't see any Groups or Zones

Any suggestions?

Re: PROBLEM: Loading Stradivari samples into Kontakt2

Hi Gary,

FIRST - "Have a Happy celebratory occasion " and DO NOT ANSWER THIS UNTIL AFTER YOUR CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS

Same problem here as jthomas426

here's the information from the error dialogues

1st error dialog
    "could not find sample:
    071105_ambience.wav (assumed at D:\Kontakr\violin Body Impulse Responses\Da spedire a gary\

BUT does reside at

H:\Samples\Stradivari\The Stradivari Violin v1.06 Samples\IR Samples\071105_ambience.wav

and will load after I manually search for it

2nd. error dialog

"could not find sample:
    mpnv34A#2.wav (assumed at: D:\Kontakt\violin Samples\campioni per violino definitiuo 11 ottobre 2005/)

but the sample does exist at

H:\Samples\Stradivari\The Stradivari Violin v1.06 Samples\mpnv34A#2.wav

and will load after manually searching

key switching seems to work though i haven't really had time to try BUT no visual indication on the Kontakt keyboard of any key switches (different color)

Operating with Kontakt 2.0.2.7

Fred

You've run into a bug in Kontakt 2 that hopefully will get fixed. I've found that if you rebuilt the QuickSearch database that Kontakt will then find the correct files.

You can fix the wave file by going to the folder containing the samples and then manually change the file name from mpnv34A#2_wav to mpnv34A#2.wav and it will then load the file. If look carefully at the file name it substitues a '_' for the '.'

Jim

JThomas426,

What has been said by Fred Holmes & Haydn is entirely correct.

These kind of problems may be solved by activating a manual search, and looking in the correspondent folder for the missing sample. The program always looks for the IR first "071105_ambience.wav", located in the IR subfolder, then for "mpnv34A#2.wav", located in the samples folder. You should scroll the samples until you get the "mpnv34A#2.wav", click and open it. This done, loading should proceed flawless. It may be a good idea to save the program (patch only) under a different name, so that it shouldn't be necessary to repeat the above procedure.

Please keep me informed.

Giorgio

I could not get it to work doing it by the autofind method. Doing it manually worked though.

Once manual loading has been accomplished and the instrument works properly, don't forget to save it under a different name (patch only). Next loading will work automatically.

Giorgio

That is what I did, with the first option (where it doesn't resave the samples again). Everything is working perfectly.

Re: SOLVED! -- PROBLEM: Loading Stradivari samples into Kontakt2

WONDERFUL!
    With Giorgio's personal encouragement and suggestions, I was able to successfully untangle the impediments to verifying the Strad Samples and .nki file. In the end, it was my irrational lack of confidence and the normal problems of bringing up a new 64-bit DAW. My suggestion: verify the Strad disc by using Fabio's sample MIDI file on a known working 32-bit DAW.

Now, it's forward into learning to play the violin.

Thank you Georgio!

FYI: "Sonar5 x64" does not communicate with Kontakt2 vst. However, "Sonar5 x32" does and plays the Strad sample and .nki!

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes
    Hi Gary,

Same problem here as jthomas426

here's the information from the error dialogues

1st error dialog
    "could not find sample:
    071105_ambience.wav (assumed at D:\Kontakr\violin Body Impulse Responses\Da spedire a gary\

BUT does reside at

H:\Samples\Stradivari\The Stradivari Violin v1.06 Samples\IR Samples\071105_ambience.wav

and will load after I manually search for it

2nd. error dialog

"could not find sample:
    mpnv34A#2.wav (assumed at: D:\Kontakt\violin Samples\campioni per violino definitiuo 11 ottobre 2005/)

but the sample does exist at

H:\Samples\Stradivari\The Stradivari Violin v1.06 Samples\mpnv34A#2.wav

and will load after manually searching

key switching seems to work though i haven't really had time to try BUT no visual indication on the Kontakt keyboard of any key switches (different color)

Operating with Kontakt 2.0.2.7

Fred
    I've receive the library today and same problem here.
    I've solved the problem of not finding all of the samples, but I have no keyswitches..
    Even more, there is no color indication on Kontakt keyboard after I've loaded the nki file.

What's going wrong?

You probably do have the keyswitches

First, they just do NOT show up on the kontakt keyboard as in other programs

find the lowest G on your keyboard that plays a violin patch (on mine it's G3)
    from that location go down two (2) "C"s (on my keyboard it would be C2) and that is the start of the keyswitches.

The easy one to hear is A#3 which triggers the Pizz samples.

Fred

Go Back to forum