• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL performance tool and Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Question VSL performance tool and Kontakt

Well I think I've finally given up on Gigastudio. I tried installing GS2.5 on a brand new machine about a year ago, and the machine went from running great to crashing every two minutes, and eventually the RAM died as a result of the number of violent crashes I had.

A couple weeks ago I tried GS3.12 on another brand new machine, which is now crashing every two minutes and suggesting I have paging errors, invalid pool headers and IRQ problems. On a machine with no soundcard and no other peripherals this is disturbing.

If I manage to repair this machine I want to stick with Kontakt, which has been completely problem-free for me. The only problem is that it was essentially going to be a dedicated VSL machine - I have the Giga Pro version. Obviously there is no problem importing the samples into Kontakt, but the whole point of VSL seems to be the performance tools. Has anyone written any KSP scripts which do the job of the VSL performance tool - i.e. could I ditch GS3?

Please help!!

Re: VSL performance tool and Kontakt

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    [...]
    If I manage to repair this machine I want to stick with Kontakt, which has been completely problem-free for me. The only problem is that it was essentially going to be a dedicated VSL machine - I have the Giga Pro version. Obviously there is no problem importing the samples into Kontakt, but the whole point of VSL seems to be the performance tools. Has anyone written any KSP scripts which do the job of the VSL performance tool - i.e. could I ditch GS3?

Please help!!
    I don't own VSL, but their Horizon 'Overdrive' library works with the
    performance tool, you just have to install a virtuell midi connection
    to use it.
    That's a little bit tricky, but once you've everything set up it works
    without problems (and important, without crashes ).
    Maybe you should forward this question to their support people
    to make sure that'd be the same with VSL.
    Regards,
    Tom

Which version of Kontakt are you using? Kontakt 2 now has scripts written that don't need the performance tool. Works great.

Jim

Yeah I'm using version 2. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Where do I find the scripts?

are there K2 scripts for vsl's saxophones as well? I just odered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Which version of Kontakt are you using? Kontakt 2 now has scripts written that don't need the performance tool. Works great.

Jim
    Scripts only exist for Horizon series products. The OP said he has pro edition. So he's out of luck.

Go Back to forum