• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Was Santa Good to You?

Share/Bookmark

Was Santa Good to You?

Was Santa good to everyone? Was everyone naughty or nice the past year?

I must have been good this year because Santa brought me an iPod nano so I can listen to your music anytime and anywhere. Did any of you get black coal for being naughty?

Gary Garritan

Re: Was Santa Good to You?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Was Santa good to everyone? Was everyone naughty or nice the past year?

I must have been good this year because Santa brought me an iPod nano so I can listen to your music anytime and anywhere. Did any of you get black coal for being naughty?

Gary Garritan
    Hehe, I was a nice boy in 2005, Santa brought me 'Colossus'
    library.
    Sorry, Gary, but he couldn't bring me GPO or JABB because I already
    got both as birthday present

Hoping for a lump of coal at Hogmanay! Had a great time and the Christmas CD was a hit with everybody and now lives on several brand new MP3 players.

I got the DVD collections I was after so I didn't have to suffer The Great Escape and other Christmas fare on TV.

Unhappy Re: Was Santa Good to You?

Lump 'o coal for me too...
    I guess if I want a nice present I should get it meself. I heard of a guy selling Strads for $200...

I've got:
    1) Sustain Pedal
    2) EW VAPOR LIB
    3) STARWARS 3 DVD

I got a brand new tabla set and a M-Audio USB MIDI thingie.

Last year I got a lump of black coal.

Well, it was a lump of black paste finely crafted and applied to the head of the right side of the Indian "Mridangam" to create one of several distinct sounds, which was of course dried, prepared, applied, and shipped over here as the final large drum that I got, but hey, it still counts. (in case you cant tell I have a thing for Indian percussion).

I received Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season Five. I've been hanging since Season 4's last episode.

I got a Stradivarius violin, 2 shirts, a big container of my aunt Margie's homemade fudge, a basket of various Italian goodies, and my CDs from the factory (just barely in time for me to give them to my family as Christmas gifts. The rest of you will have to pay! )

Oh, and we got a new puppy! An adorable Brussels Griffon named Baxter. (We love him, but our Shelties, Kelsey and Hannah, still aren't too keen on him. We hope they'll come around eventually.)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Hmmm.

I think this is my best Christmas yet.
    Oh, I got to play with a stradivari violin , listen to wonderful music here on the forum, and be with friends and family, but they all pale in comparison to This:

I got a baby girl - Claire

Here is her at 4 days old:

And here she is at 7 months - last week:

The truly amazing thing is how having a baby removes a large part of the selfishness usually surrounding this time of year (developed, for me, at least, during childhood). This is one of the first Christmases where I did not actually want anything for myself. I couldn't have cared less if I had ANYTHING under our tree. I have found fulfillment unlike any I have ever experienced. I know that with parenthood comes a VARIETY of different experiences: frustrations, joy, happiness, sorrow, and in short, LIFE, but I truly feel blessed beyond my ability to express in words.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    I have found fulfillment unlike any I have ever experienced. I know that with parenthood comes a VARIETY of different experiences: frustrations, joy, happiness, sorrow, and in short, LIFE, but I truly feel blessed beyond my ability to express in words.

Jerry Wickham
    Too cool, Jerry. :-)

I remember the music you wrote for her back then. Looks like she is getting along quite well. Congrats and Merry Christmas to all of you!

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Go Back to forum