• Register
  • Help

Topic: White Grand with Kontakt 2....help needed.

Share/Bookmark

White Grand with Kontakt 2....help needed.

Hi, I'm trying to get White Grand working properly in Kontakt 2 and I am getting these weird artifacts when I play a run with the sustain pedal or playing large chords with sustaian pedal. I checked the voices and I have more than enough...maybe too much ...dont know. I am just about to look at TBO...I'm starting to feel that I'm spending all this money and having no luck being able to play and record a piece properly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?? I have the same problem with Vintaudio C7 24 bit in EXS24.... what is the buffer reading supposed to be? and the voice max in Kontakt 2 for the sampletekk pianos? Camn someone help me please?

Re: White Grand with Kontakt 2....help needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey
    what is the buffer reading supposed to be? and the voice max in Kontakt 2 for the sampletekk pianos? Camn someone help me please?
    It prolly has at least something to do with your system, so you might post some of that info to get better answers. For example Mac or PC, and what OS version? What processor and speed? How much RAM? What speed and type of hard drives? Are they single or in a RAID array (and of what type array)? Do the disks share other data or are they dedicated to your sample libraries? What interfaces, addons, or other software (or convolution scripts and such) do you have running? Etc.

Me again...yes I have a Mac G5 1.8 dual running Panther 10.3.9 and the library White Grand is on a Firewire 800 with all my other sample libraries. I have 4 mb ram and running Logic 7.1. Should I be running this library off my internal drives for better performance?? And no I am not running any conv scripts but I was just looking at the Kornel Script for he White Grand...would this help??

Thanks in advance.
    Joey

The first thing I would try would be to insert the Kontakt2 factory "Self Mask" script into the preset.. that can have a dramatic effect on reducing redundant polyphony.(Kornel's script includes a self-mask function too)

Go Back to forum