• Register
  • Help

Topic: best deal for the money?

Share/Bookmark

best deal for the money?

who these days offers the best deal for the money in the world of preconfigured or customizable turn-key systems?

i\'m thinking maybe 2.4ghz in a rackmount with a decent amount of ram and hd space....also i would want firewire built into the mobo and a good quantity of usb
    also needs a vid card that handles dual display
    no need for monitor...i\'m going to grab some flat screen sonys...they sell em at microcenter near me but i might purchase them online.

ideally i would want around 200+GB maybe on a raid configuration...

oh and i want it to be quiet.....like really quiet...

i\'m gonna do some researching around the net...if anyone could chime in and give some recommendations that would be sweet thx

Re: best deal for the money?

Originally posted by 13erla:
    who these days offers the best deal for the money in the world of preconfigured or customizable turn-key systems?

i\'m thinking maybe 2.4ghz in a rackmount with a decent amount of ram and hd space....also i would want firewire built into the mobo and a good quantity of usb
    also needs a vid card that handles dual display
    no need for monitor...i\'m going to grab some flat screen sonys...they sell em at microcenter near me but i might purchase them online.

ideally i would want around 200+GB maybe on a raid configuration...

oh and i want it to be quiet.....like really quiet...

i\'m gonna do some researching around the net...if anyone could chime in and give some recommendations that would be sweet thx
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The company I work for does rackmount industrial-grade systems. The boss is always asking for my advice on DAW systems. I think you\'d be interested in the Asus P4B533 mainboard. It has onboard NIC, ATA133 RAID, 1394 Firewire, and USB 2.0 . Get an Intel P4 2.4GHZ, they\'re the sweet spot as far as price and performance go. Seagate drives seem to be quite reliable these days. If you\'re looking for plain dual head display that works well with Giga, get the MSI GeForce MX 440 card, if you need more performance, get the MSI GeForce TI4400 card. I\'ve got one of each of those cards, they work flawlessly with dual display.

If you need a custom quote, drop us an email:

sales@eindustrialcomputers.com

Go Back to forum