• Register
  • Help

Topic: Building new DAW - how to update to 1.54?

Share/Bookmark

Building new DAW - how to update to 1.54?

I am just finishing having my main DAW rebuilt and need to re-install Kontakt to the new machine. Of course I have the original disk but this does not have the DFD and program updates. I logged in on the NI site and it doesn't give me the option of DL these updates.

Can someone tell me how this is to be done?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob Elliott

(in the next month I'll be upgrading to 2.x)
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Building new DAW - how to update to 1.54?

If your Kontakt is registered on the NI site.. jsut log in and go to Sampling line> Kontakt> updates. That were the where you latest updates are..Rich

Hi Rich,

Sorry, I should have made it clear. I have logged into that site and the only thing that is available is

updates

DFD 1.2.9 (says already DL'd) 8/2004

Kontakt 1.2.1 6/2003

--What about 1.54 version?

I might as well just get the updated version. Given that this co is building the new system - how should I do this update (the new PC will have the original disks - which I am sending them). I paid for the 1.54 update I believe - how do I get the 1.54 update on that computer first so that I can buy the 2.x update? Sorry for all the questions - hopefully this is clear.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Rediculously enough.. K1.5 was a PAID upgrade..not update ( 1.54 was the update to the 1.5 upgrade). Not sure if you can go from 1.2 > 2 or if you have to go 1.2 > 1.5 > 2. Maybe go to the NI shop and find out or call them in the states...Best Rich

Thanks Rich - I just sent them an email. I will also try to call them in the States today. Again - thanks for you help.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Hey Rich - I just ordered the 2.0 update (was planning on it anyways). For $139 - it was a no brainer. Just curious - is it everything you had hoped for?

I have all the VSL stuff - but were there any standout freebies with 2.0?

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Hey Rob... Yea, i really like K2. Aparently they`re re-writing the audio engine for better aliasing , so the next update should be interesting. Obviously, if you get into the scripting its as deep as you want to go.. i like the insts. in the included lib. that have scripting (like the Akkord guitars etc..). Lots of potential. Have fun with it..Best Rich

Go Back to forum