• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Jazz and Big Band Update #1

Share/Bookmark

Jazz and Big Band Update #1

IMPORTANT!! The first update for JABB is now available. The documentation for the update and its installation can be found here: www.garritan.com/JABB/JABBUpdate_1.pdf

The update can be downloaded here: www.garritan.com/JABB/JABBUpdate_1.zip

Tom

Re: Jazz and Big Band Update #1

Tom - excellent!

Thanks, as always, for your untiring commitment to us guys and gals.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Tom - excellent!

Thanks, as always, for your untiring commitment to us guys and gals.
    One detail: I only wish the word "untiring" applied to me. Alas . . .

Tom

Cheers Tom,thanks for your unstinting (and dog-tired) labours.
    The release of JABB coincided with me having to record lots of Jazz musicians live, so havent been able to post much. But I have been studying it, in the occasional hour off, and it gets better the deeper you get into it.
    regards

Great work, Mr. Tom! It's obvious that you love what you do and you have the customer's interest at heart. This is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Tom:

What does "tightening up the piano" mean? Is it a pitch problem or sound level problem?

Sorry to bother you when other things are obviously more pressing.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Tom:

What does "tightening up the piano" mean? Is it a pitch problem or sound level problem?

Sorry to bother you when other things are obviously more pressing.

Jack Cannon
    Actually, the documentation says, "timing tightened" so it is neither a pitch nor a level change - it's timing. The piano now has a more responsive feel because the timing of the sample playback has been improved. In other words, I have adjusted, note by note, how quickly the samples "speak" when keys are pressed. Maybe it's the old jazz musician in me but the word "tight" always refers to timing, as in "The ensemble sure was tight on that opening lick!"

Tom

The "Lite" versions of the sounds make a dramatic improvement in useability on my lowly Mac mini (1.3GHz G4) with 1 GB RAM.

However there is no "Lite" version of the GM drum kit. I could really use that. Maybe you can add that in the next upgrade.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Actually, the documentation says, "timing tightened" so it is neither a pitch nor a level change - it's timing. The piano now has a more responsive feel because the timing of the sample playback has been improved. In other words, I have adjusted, note by note, how quickly the samples "speak" when keys are pressed. Maybe it's the old jazz musician in me but the word "tight" always refers to timing, as in "The ensemble sure was tight on that opening lick!"

Tom
    Thanks, Tom. Sounds like a winner, and thanks for taking "time out" to answer my question. Will try the new, modified, sample today.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hi Tom

Please correct me if I am wrong. Because of my way of working in Finale, I appreciate the new abilities to raise the polyphony of the lite versions. This has opened up Finale's usability for me immensely. (I replace the lite versions when I move to the rendering stage, obviously). But so far, it seems you can't do this with the saxes. Maybe its the multi I loaded.....?

Anyway could you confirm or correct my info?

Thanks

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Go Back to forum