• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Jazz and Big Band Update #1

Share/Bookmark

Re: Jazz and Big Band Update #1

Paul,

At present there isn't a "lite" saxophone section multi - just the standard instruments. So, those instruments cannot be adjusted for greater polyphony since they use a different construction than the lites. I'll probably add a lite saxophone section multi on the next update but until then: After you have installed Finale's new instruments file ( http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=41671 ) use Finale's Setup Wizard to choose the individual lite saxophones for your template. With the one exception I mentioned in another thread they can be adjusted for greater polyphony. The exception is Alto 2 which will be fixed in the next update.

Tom

Hi - I am new to the forum and may be posting in the wrong place but I recently downloaded the latest updates to JABB together with version 2 of the player and now see the keyswitched saxes etc - is there yet a pdf file or some such to explain how these new instruments work?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Peveler
    Hi - I am new to the forum and may be posting in the wrong place but I recently downloaded the latest updates to JABB together with version 2 of the player and now see the keyswitched saxes etc - is there yet a pdf file or some such to explain how these new instruments work?

Thanks!
    Page 41 of the KP2 manual has an explanation and chart. The manual should have been installed in the Documentation folder inside the Garritan Jazz and Big Band Library folder on your HD.

Tom

Where is the KP2 version of Jabb posted?

my dear friends.. I just arrived in this HUGE gold mine of informations.. I have a VERY simple question.. I use Garritan jazz with my Sibelius5 for big band .
    To play the score I have to OPEN manually each single instrumen with the pointing the mouse on the wheel and moving it up..

It means 4 trpts 4 trnes 5 saxes and a rhythm sec..

ARGHHHH!!!!!
    Is this a bug or what?

Thanks alot for your kindness..
    Massimone

Page 320 of the Sibelius manual:
    The simplest way to get started with one of these libraries is to choose one of the existing playback configurations, e.g. Sibelius Essentials (16 sounds), then click New and type a new name, e.g. GPO. Then change the Sound set column to the appropriate choice for the library you are using, and click Close.

To do that you go to the Play menu,
    Playback Devices
    Configuration: Sibelius Essentials (32 sounds)
    click New and type a new name, e.g. Garritan JABB (32 sounds)
    Under Active Devices, change the Sound Set from Sibelius Essentials to Garritan JABB
    Close
    Save when prompted.

This way it will always assign the correct sound every time that you insert an instrument in Sibelius.

Serge.

This link produced a 404 not found error for me. www.garritan.com/JABB/JABBUpdate_1.pdf

Also I don't know if I am posting in the right place but I bought JABB3 a couple of weeks ago. I installed it and everything seemed to be fine, but it caused a problem with Sibelius. On Sibelius' advice I downloaded an Aria update. This seemed to solve the problem on my Mac, but on my PC Aria stopped working altogether so I have been unable to use GPO4 which I also have. If I tried to open Aria in Standalone mode I got an error message saying that the Aria Engine couldnt be found and to reinstall. I tried reinstalling from the Aria update but I had the same problem.

So I deinstalled JABB3 and Aria, and tried to reinstall from the .exe file that came with my first download. But the install failed with this message
    "2 subsequent MD5 checks on 21FltAtG6 data provided the same bad result. Installed sample set is corrupted. Please reinstall it." After clicking ok the wizard said that the install had failed and it was removing everything.

What shall I do?
    jan@jazzandsalsa.co.uk

It sounds like you have a corrupted file in your first download. You'll need to download it again.

Jim

I thought that was probably what I would have to do - but the only download section I could find on the site was where you pay to download. Is there a section for people who already have a licence?

Go Back to forum