• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moving GPO Library

Share/Bookmark

Moving GPO Library

I have decided that I would like to move my installation of GPO Library (Instruments, Multis, etc) to a different hard disk on my Windows XP system. My GPO Library currently resides in a subdirectory under Garritan Personal Orchestra on my system drive (not smart, but that decision was made long ago and far away). It makes sense to leave the program files on the system disk, but the samples data need to move.

So what is the recommended procedure for doing this? Should I (with fear and trembling) uninstall and re-install all of GPO, or is there a better way? If I simply copy the GPO Library directory to another disk, is there some way I can update whatever links and pointers may exist in the Registry and elsewhere to let the world know of its change of address? Can I install over the existing installation and simply register a new address for the Library, or will Windows (in its infinite wisdom) or the GPO Installation procedure prevent me from installing without first uninstalling?

Re: Moving GPO Library

Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeDude
    [...]
    If I simply copy the GPO Library directory to another disk, is there some way I can update whatever links and pointers may exist in the Registry and elsewhere to let the world know of its change of address? Can I install over the existing installation and simply register a new address for the Library, or will Windows (in its infinite wisdom) or the GPO Installation procedure prevent me from installing without first uninstalling?
    If you're familliar with the registry start regedit and go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA
    There is an entry 'ContentDir' which points to the folder with the
    library installation. Change this to the new folder name.

I don't know if this is the offical way to do this, but it works.
    Keep in mind that messing with the registry can make your system
    unusable, so don't blame me if something goes wrong!

Moving GPO Library

Tom,

Thanks for the direction, which is right on and much appreciated! It appears that the same (i.e., similar Registry entries) applies to Jazz and Big Band (of course). Perfect.

Go Back to forum