• Register
  • Help

Topic: XP ok?

Share/Bookmark

XP ok?

Should I dare try a computer with XP? I can\'t get win 2000 installed so I guess I\'m gonna have to get a new computer.

Thanks,
    Rick

Re: XP ok?

How much RAM do you have? XP needs more so make sure you more. I have XP with 1 gig of RAM and the 2.53 version of Gigastudio seems ok but I have some general problems:

* Error code 5: unable to allocate memory (apparently not a function of how much RAM I have)
    * Some latency on high CPU intensive MIDI
    * Some pops and clicking

Tascam said XP is ok but the definately recommended a clean install - not one of the Dell type configuration where lots of customized apps are already embedded into the operating system.

Thanks to the both of you for the response, I have 500 mb of ram. guess i\'m just gonna have to find a computer with win 2000. I hope they are still for sale.

Rick

Win2000 has the same RAM issues that XP does.

I\'ve personally had a great experience with XP, after an unpleasant one with Win2k.

Originally posted by RickD:
    Thanks to the both of you for the response, I have 500 mb of ram. guess i\'m just gonna have to find a computer with win 2000. I hope they are still for sale.

Rick
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The company I work for is one of the last companies in our area that still sell computers with 98SE on them. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Shop around, I\'m sure you\'ll find companies that still offer Windows 2000.

Go Back to forum