• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Point - Counterpoint"

Share/Bookmark

"Point - Counterpoint"

Here is my woodwind trio, "Point - Counterpoint". The title is self-explanatory. If you are a student of counterpoint, listen to the voices as they venture off in different directions. Notice also the flexibility and great range of the bassoon. It's a remarkable instrument.

This is all GPO and features the Flute Solo V, Bb Clarinet Solo and Bassoon 2 Solo.

LGA

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...unterpoint.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Point - Counterpoint"

wow ... it sounds just great (which gets me wondering why I can't seem to get that same ambience effect with my stuff :'( )

The way it changes to minor, back to major is awesome and every note is quite clear. Awesome job!

Ke Yang (OMG I'm using mah name)
    Insert Useless Advertisement Here

My Work List With GPO

Note: You might have noticed there's nothing there, yet. Massive editing going on.

Hi Larry,

Great little compo! Love it. Very clever writing. This one bumbles along very nicely indeed, and the attention of the listener is kept throughout.

You're right about the bassoon; extremely versatile.

Cool stuff
    Best wishes
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Tovan
    wow ... it sounds just great (which gets me wondering why I can't seem to get that same ambience effect with my stuff :'( )

The way it changes to minor, back to major is awesome and every note is quite clear. Awesome job!

Thank you for the kind comments. It does an old heart good.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    Hi Larry,

Great little compo! Love it. Very clever writing. This one bumbles along very nicely indeed, and the attention of the listener is kept throughout.

You're right about the bassoon; extremely versatile.

Cool stuff
    Best wishes
    Jon
    Thank you, Brit Gentleman.

"...bumbles along..." ? Is that a UK expression? In America it means the same as stumbles or fumbles.

I appreciate your taking the time to listen.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander

"...bumbles along..." ? Is that a UK expression? In America it means the same as stumbles or fumbles.
    Hi Larry,
    By "bumbles along" I meant that it, especially after the intro, it has a delightfully steady, onward feeling, each bit following on nicely from the previous bit. I meant nothing negative!!

I think I thought of the word "bumble" partly because the bassoon gives it a kind of comical flavour in places. Reminds me of a circus clown.
    Here's another UK expression:
    Luvvly Jubbly
    Nice work Larry
    Jon

PS in reply to a previous thread, I have to disagree - here in the UK we drive on the RIGHT side of the road, which just happens to be the LEFT!!

Larry, this is first-rate -- but your woodwind writing always is.

I'm also an admirer of the bassoon -- an instrument far too often relegated to little more than harmonic support, despite its great span and incredible agility.

Fine job! Listened through this several times.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Larry, this is first-rate -- but your woodwind writing always is.

I'm also an admirer of the bassoon -- an instrument far too often relegated to little more than harmonic support, despite its great span and incredible agility.

Fine job! Listened through this several times.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -
    Thank you, Mr. S.

It is my wish that you have a wonderful year in 2006 and that you will post more of your great music.

Regards,

Ol' Lar'
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    Hi Larry,
    By "bumbles along" I meant that it, especially after the intro, it has a delightfully steady, onward feeling, each bit following on nicely from the previous bit. I meant nothing negative!!

I think I thought of the word "bumble" partly because the bassoon gives it a kind of comical flavour in places. Reminds me of a circus clown.
    Here's another UK expression:
    Luvvly Jubbly
    Nice work Larry
    Jon

PS in reply to a previous thread, I have to disagree - here in the UK we drive on the RIGHT side of the road, which just happens to be the LEFT!!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Crikey! You need to learn to speak American English.

My regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Delightful - I put it in my folder titled : "NS Easy Listening"

I am always amazed how you can intertwine baroque, classical and almost romantic motifs in a contrapuntal setting. Sometimes I wish for something more profound, but often I just want an easy listen to calm down. This fit the bill perfectly.

YBaCuO

listen to my latest ambient tone sagas:
    The Abyss http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1078
    Hope is never Extinguished http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1092

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast