Topic: Game Developer Conference

Exclamation Game Developer Conference

Game Developer Conference

The Game Developers Conference 2006
    March 20-24
    San Jose, California
    @ the San Jose Convention Center

Re: Game Developer Conference

Once again, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I had a blast at least year's, and wouldn't expect any less this time around!
    Sam Hulick

San Jose? Why not San Francisco? Isn't that where they had it last year?

San Fran was a one time deal. GDC's home is San Jose. I believe the temporary SF venue had to do with space issues.. they thought it would be too huge and needed the space so they moved to San Fran. (or I have it backwards.. they expected a smaller turn-out and needed smaller space)
    Sam Hulick

Hey Sam,

I'll see you in San Jose! It'll be cool to hang with all my out of town composer buddies.

Cris Velasco

Cool Re: Game Developer Conference

Quote Originally Posted by MDesigner
    San Fran was a one time deal. GDC's home is San Jose.
    I wish that were true but this year may be the last at San Jose. I worked for the GDC for 3 years and last year I was talking to the GDC peeps and they said they would be back in SF in 2007, perhaps for good. The setup is much better in San Jose and much about things in SF was messed up, like IGDA and GANG members not being able to go to their own meetings without a GDC pass of some kind. Not a problem in SJ. Aaron thought San Jose was boring but a short walk does take you to the clubs district should you find the GDC parties not to your liking. Heh heh...
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music

Doyle, that's a bummer.. I suppose. I've never experienced GDC in SJ yet.. this March will be my first time. GDC in SF was pretty cool, I really enjoyed my time there. We'll see what SJ is like!
    Sam Hulick

Talking Re: Game Developer Conference

parties...did someone say parties...?

going drinking collectivly....

gone down clubbing

girls deemed cool...wish they were here... oh wat..no thats E3

Everything Except Estrogen unless you have a gold suit, then they're on your Arm...boy I'm never going to let him live that down am I?...

(yes I know, there are many talented women in the industry, there are jsut more smelly boys, so I can make fun of the boys )

man I dont party anymore....well when I win the lotto, I'll throw a huge party, and you're all invited WOOHOO....KI random uninformative NS post number 1544.86 now ends...

(also yes, I know that gold suits dont get women to flock to you...dont ask how...)
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Im still deciding whether to go, i have to come to L.A. sometime before August anyway, hoping its the same time as GDC.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -

Yea, San Jose isn't much fun for the 21 and under crowd. I went when I was nineteen... watching all that free beer being passed out (they must be making some real money to be doing that). Ended up just meandering around town after the show was over waiting for my flight...

I plan to be there this year though - this time with an audio pass. I didn't get to attend any of the music/audio-related seminars last time. The audio pass ain't cheap, and those Giga passes.

Go Back to forum