• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hmm, did i get a "light" version of GPO??

Hmm, did i get a "light" version of GPO??

I picked up GPO today, finally, together with a midikeyboard and soundcard.
    I've hooked it all up and tested it and it works like a charm. I've played some Piano, and tested some different instruments in the Kontakt player.

Now i wanted to try Cubase... but where is Cubase? Not a word about how to install, or where to find, Cubase on the DVD (It does say in the manual that came with the program that it would be bundled though)?
    So i started reading here in the forum, the only thing i found that gave me a hint was a poll about "Do you use the extra programs in GPO"?

In that poll it says "We are getting ready to make a new version of GPO. There will be updates for all users shortly. This time GPO will have 1 DVD instead of 4 CDs."

My version is with one DVD.

Does that mean that i don't get Cubase SE, or the Notation program?
    I especially told the seller in the store that i didn't own any programs whatsoever and he said that everything's included to get you started.

Buying a sequencer and a notation program will cost almost $500 (if i buy the cheap ones), and having just spent almost $1000 it will be some time before i can get that kind of money.

What do i do?

Re: Hmm, did i get a "light" version of GPO??

I don't know whether or not the extra bundled programs are there, but have you tried navigating through the DVD to see if there are any additional installation programs there?

EDIT: Forget my answer - have a look at Gary's response here:

Last edited by Richard N.; 01-03-2006 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Gary's answer was much better :)
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum