• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any WaveCenter PCI users?

Share/Bookmark

Any WaveCenter PCI users?

I\'ve been using the WaveCenter PCI card on Win 98 in the past, and it seemed to be okay. I would like to know if there are any other people using this card, and what their opinion is of it. Additionally, i would like to know if any are using it with Win 2k.

Thanks,
    Rick

Re: Any WaveCenter PCI users?

I\'m using it with win98SE w/o any problems. i got it because it was recommended as having one of the lowest latencies, and the added midi is nice (and i only needed digital out).

someday when i get a masterclock source for my studio, i will consider replacing it with something that has a wordclock in.

HTH

jd

Originally posted by John DeBorde:
    I\'m using it with win98SE w/o any problems. i got it because it was recommended as having one of the lowest latencies, and the added midi is nice (and i only needed digital out).

someday when i get a masterclock source for my studio, i will consider replacing it with something that has a wordclock in.

HTH

jd
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks John, had i known windows 98 se worked good I never would have upgraded to windows 2000. So far, I haven\'t found win2k drivers for the WaveCenter PCI.

Rick

!!!! There have been drivers available for months.

WC card working great for me in XP on multiple machines. Use Beta8 WDM drivers.

The Beta8 driver has been superceded by the final release v3.

Originally posted by Bill:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Great news! Too bad my DSL is down. I\'m using my Mac dial up right now.

Thanks,
    Rick

Originally posted by RickD:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Bill:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Great news! Too bad my DSL is down. I\'m using my Mac dial up right now.

Thanks,
    Rick
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">One thing to be aware of is that for some reason the WDM drivers don\'t show up on the WaveCenter/PCI Driver Download Page, but there is a link to them on the home page...... or you can just go here:

http://www.frontierdesign.com/wdm.htm

The download is only 414KB -- not bad even on a dial-up.

-Shawn

Go Back to forum