• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tested LAptops for DAW and/or Giga

Share/Bookmark

Tested LAptops for DAW and/or Giga

When I see \'The Top 10 Laptops\" at PCWorld, I wonder if there is anything comparable for desktops/laptop DAW\'s?

Has someone or some website out there tested a gob of desktops/laptops with some results to show as far as DAW use is concerned?

Re: Tested LAptops for DAW and/or Giga

Wordclock won\'t make a very obvious difference to your sound quality, but it may help you out in situations where you are running several things in a digital chain and start to get drop outs, or clicks - or simply get a piece of gear which refuses to synchronize to the normal digital stream.

I\'d be really interested in this too.

I don\'t understand why, these PCWorld tests couldn\'t include some real-time audio or video plug-in tests or multitasking a sequencer with a soft synth.

Basically, they open a picture file apply an effect and see how long it takes, then make the judgement...this computer is fast...this one is slow.

And a lot of the laptop computers built are basically for business people who run word docs, internet and maybe a DVD movie. The odd thing is that, we composers and musicians are business people as well, but with just different requirements needed for our business in music.

Go Back to forum