• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Horrible noise from Stormdrum Kompakt

Share/Bookmark

Horrible noise from Stormdrum Kompakt

I'm expreciencing what some of you people have called the scream of death, or something in those lines anyway, from my Stormdrum Kompakt player.

I've updated the player to 1.0.8 and installed the 1.2.9 DFD version as well. If I open a new instance of Stormdrum Kompakt in Cubase SX3, I can load an instrument and it plays normally. But if I load a project which has a Stormdrum Kompakt instance (it doesn't even have to have any instruments load into it), all I get out from it is very loud feedback-type noise. This happens whether DFD is active or not, does not matter. Switch on 'Old host behavior' from Cubase does not make a difference either.

I've went through pages and pages of Kompakt/Kontakt related issues but haven't found a cure for this one, so PLEASE if you have any insight into this matter, share it.

Re: Horrible noise from Stormdrum Kompakt

Forgot to mention by set up:

Asus P4 C800-E Deluxe -motherboard
    P4 3.2GHz (multithreading off)
    2GB ram, 400MHz DDR
    Event Echo Mia Midi -soundcard
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Toni,

This is a quick thought on your problem. Check the audio routing on the MIA card. Perhaps it's not configured correctly. Perhaps you have some audio loop being triggered. Just a quick thought.

Could it be a problem with Cubase (about which I know absolutely nothing)?

Sorry I am not more specific. Good luck.

Marko

It could be a problem with Cubase but I'm fairly sure it has something to do with Kompakt since if I don't open up any project in Cubase, but just open a new instance of Stormdrum Kompakt and play notes from its own keyboard, everything works fine. But if I use it in a project and afterwards load it, Kompakt only outputs noise.

All other VSTs work just fine.

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh at the title of this thread......!

D

Yeah could've been more appropriate to post some of my tunes under this topic instead

I actually narrowed the problem down a bit. It seems I can use Stormdrum Kompakt without any problems in a new project but loading an older project which was saved with my previous installation of Windows, something in the project breaks Kompakt completely.

I checked the sampling rate in the projects but they're all 44100Hz so that's not the issue. Totally clueless as to what it could be and apparently so are the people in East West support and Native Instruments support because they could only come up with the usual "toggle multithreading", "sampling rate", etc. solutions.

hi, toni

i have the same problem with Stormdrum ... short, white/brown noises non-cyclic, without an evident reason ...

The Dimensity Project at
    www.dagger-games.com

Hi, have you checked if a specific MIDI track is involved in the problem?
    I got a corrupted MIDI track in the past with Cubase.

To fix it, copy you MIDI data then delete the suspicious MIDI track. Create a brand new track and paste your midi data in it.

Finally, reassign Stormdrum to the track.

Thanks
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

corrupted MIDI track
    how can i record corrupted midi data...

the problem appears even while i'm playing the drums .... i have other EW Kontakt libraries - no problems with them
    The Dimensity Project at
    www.dagger-games.com

Corruption does not appear while recording but in the project file itself.

In fact, it is more"garbage data" in the tack than real "corruption".

I have seen it and recreating the midi track have fixed my problem.

Sorry that it is not the case here. Was just trying to help...

Good luck
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Go Back to forum