• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Studio Monitors: Blue Sky Systems

Share/Bookmark

Studio Monitors: Blue Sky Systems

Hi

A year ago tested the ProDesk from BLUESKY (because I wanted to buy them). When I compared the ProDesk with the Dynaudio BM5a I was surprised. A unbelievable diffrence. The Dynaudio BM5a was much clearer than ProDesk even ProDesk had been recommended by industruy`s biggest/ front runner.

So I think the SystemOne (the bigger system of ProDesk; the one I tested) would sound likewise not so clear as the BM5a`s.

I wonderd why BlueSky disappointed me even they had such great reputation from THX and Lucas film. They bought over 50 Systems from BlueSky and recommended them highly. Maybe they got different ears as I. The BlueSky sound is kinda blurred.

The new Genelec serie was still something better than Dynaudio. But the sound had not that much bass. So the danger of mixing too much bass in the mixes comes with them (cause you wouldn`t realize the amount of bass so good) Especially when mixing real CLUB stuff that bounces.

I also saw the new speakers from TANNOY Precision 8D, but didn`t test it yet.

Does anyone use the BM5a`s, BLUESKY or TANNOY?

What`s your comment about them and which one would you recommend & why?

Cheers
    a.e.
    A2R Productions
    Music Productions

www.a2rproductions.com

Re: Studio Monitors: Blue Sky Systems

Want THX certification? Got $25,000? No? Then just send us $25,000 worth of product and you've *got* your certification, buddy...

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I used a pair of BM6a's for a while (I had them in house for a review) and I was completely in love with them. So I do not have much trouble imagining the BM5a's sounding fantastic in your comparison. Dynaudio builds some lovely speakers. The imaging and clarity is stunning on the BM6a's.

+1 on the BM6a's .....Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    Want THX certification? Got $25,000? No? Then just send us $25,000 worth of product and you've *got* your certification, buddy...

Well, would be nice, but no I don`t want a THX certification but I wondered how THX certificated companies could be so "in love" with the Bluesky`s .... that`s all.

BTW I saw you`re using the M-Audio LX4 5.1 Expander System. Are you happy with them and would recommend also the BX5 you use?

What do you think about the latest speakers from M-AUDIO the Studio Pro4?

Thanks Bruce & synthnut for your reply

cheers
    A2R Productions
    Music Productions

www.a2rproductions.com

Has anyone compared the Dynaudio BM5a and the Event 20/20bas, and if so, which do you prefer and why? Thanks.

There's a comprehensive BM5A review in the Jan issue of EM Magazine. The reviewer contrasts them with Tannoy PBM8s and Event 20/20s which he normally uses. Raved about the detail and wonderful sound of the BM5A and it received an Editor's Choice award elsewhere in the same issue. But mentioned that mixes made on the BM5A came out a little flat sounding suggesting maybe the sound was just too good. Although the review didn't come out and say it in so many words, it sounded to me like he loved them for checking tracks for anomolies, glitches, and distortions as well as listening pleasure. But not so much for mixing or mastering. He did mention using passive BM15s for daily mastering chores, however.

Howard

Thanks Howard!

I have the Sky System One (2 sats + sub) and am extremely happy with it, plus the BMC monitor controller is great. The equivalent Dynaudio is about twice as much.

I reviewed their previous desktop system for EM a few years ago and liked it, but it's not the same as the System One.

Thanks for your replies!

Hey Nick

Do you compared Dynaudio with your BlueSkySystem?
    I know that`s not the same, but what was different for you? What was for you "not the same"? (Okay the price hehe )

The AIR Serie from Dynaudio was really outstanding! But also expensive.

Thanks anyway!
    A2R Productions
    Music Productions

www.a2rproductions.com

Go Back to forum