• Register
  • Help

Topic: One h*ll of a bad experience !!

Share/Bookmark

One h*ll of a bad experience !!

Let me warn others about my experience today:

The Giga Editor, as it often does, suddenly shut down and restarted my GigaPC out of the blue, but this time...

... causing my OS harddisk to crash (instant shutdown/powerups without pausing if real bad for the harddisks).

Thank you Giga Editor!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: One h*ll of a bad experience !!

Just to back up Maarten, I have experienced the same thing - I had to reinstall Windows from scratch after a GSEdit crash - how the hell is that thing coded....

Same here. I\'ve had to do the total re-install once. Most of the time I get a message that says \"Windows has recovered from a serious error...\" when Windows XP re-starts.

I wonder if GS Edit will be merged into Gigastudio for version 3. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Hey guy\'s, I posted a link to the \"devcon32.dll\" file that needs to be repaired to run Gigasampler properly, this has fixed a multitude of problems with Giga..I have to go look at what thread I posted it in, but it solves alot of mystery problems that people are thinking is hardware among other things..

I posted it in the software part of the forum under...\"That darn MSG error...I recommend this file be repaired everytime to reload your music computers OS and Gigasampler...

Is this dll needed only for XP users?

regards,
    Arch

Hi Arch, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.. I can\'t tell you for sure becuase the guy that fixed the file only fixed it for Win98SE. But if Microsoft did not fix this file, you\'re going to have a hell of a time getting everything to run smooth..I still can\'t believe this info isn\'t more readily available to the public! It fixes sooooo many things..For those of you who are afraid to try it, you have nothing to lose..Just copy the original Devcon32.Dll file to somewhere out of the system if you\'re worried..I was truly about to give up becuase even last time I had it(Giga) running properly, it never, ever ran smooth..Untimely crashes, lots of other problems..That simple fix, Made everything, absolutely flawless, like it was supposed to be..I guess I will call Giga down in San Diego, and email them this fix to put up on their site....What kind of problem are you having Arch??

Here\'s the link again..

http://www.geocities.com/soul_above_the_clouds

I just came back from ATI\'s website, they still don\'t have the fix..LoL They are trying to do workarounds Soundblaster and ATI..LoL I was going to send them this valuable info, but Nowhere does it say \"Contact\"..I have been using Giga with this fixed file for over a month now, I tried to get it to crash, Tried to get the same problems to happen, but It\'s rock-solid now....I know what\'s going to happen, someone with more credibility is goin to get ahold of this info and be everyone\'s hero...I just wish they\'d hurry up and do it, so my fellow Gigasampler...I\'ll tell you what..If anyone wants help with this..Email me

deion92@hotmail.com I will send you the file, and detailed instructions on how to place this file in your system..Hotmail Junks alot of my email, so be sure to make clear reference to gigasampler, and I will help you guys fix this..However, this is for now not going to be for XP users until I do more research..Meanwhile for you Event ECHO-Gina-Darla users, there is now support for win2000, so be sure to pop over to their website, and read, also some new Soundblaster drivers at the Creative sight...I am going to to post a new topic on this and try to help as many people as I can..Don\'t hesitate to email me..

Originally posted by Steelhed:
    Hey guy\'s, I posted a link to the \"devcon32.dll\" file that needs to be repaired to run Gigasampler properly, this has fixed a multitude of problems with Giga..I have to go look at what thread I posted it in, but it solves alot of mystery problems that people are thinking is hardware among other things..
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">May I suggest you be more specific about the requirements for such a file \"devcon32.dll\", before people start copying it to their hard disks, hoping it will cure all problems? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If this relates to specific issues with specfic cards on specific OS-es, please include that info here.

E.g. my system has no such file.

I\'d also really like to warn against moving individual DLLs/system files between different Windows versions. This can really mess up your system more than you think. DLLs should be copied as part of a controlled (i.e. version-checking) installation process.

Cheers,

Go Back to forum