• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pat Robertson parodies Pat Robertson

Share/Bookmark

Pat Robertson parodies Pat Robertson

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    It's terrible what happens to people when they get old.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/05/rob...ron/index.html

Re: Pat Robertson parodies Pat Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Old? Hasn't he always been like this though? Doesn't really surprise me much...
    Tim

Yea, I saw this earlier.
    What happened to "Judge not lest ye be judged"?
    I guess other than God, old Pat gets to judge.

Poor Pat. Say a prayer for the ol' fella

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

The moment I heard the news I knew someone was going to present this, er, rationale for what happened... figures it would be Pat.

BTW, as a side-note the "judge not" thing is one of the most woefully misinterpereted things in the Bible. It's not an invocation not to judge. You can't get very far in life not judging people- like that guy whos about to take out your 16 year old daughter, lets say. It's a warning that YOU will be judged by others in the same fashion you will be judging them, so have your sh!t together. It's really saying you *should* judge people, but judge wisely, and be ready to get it back on yourself. And judging people means just that- you make a judgement. It doesn't give you the authority to take action- necesarily.

So, Pat has a right to judge. And of course, then WE get to judge HIM.

I couldn't care less about his passing judgement. Nor do I care that he's a textbook moron.

What concerns me is that he actually has influence over people!

pats problem is that he belives God is a psychophic idiot and acts out like a disturbed child.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/05/rob...ron/index.html
    I say we all mail him a sock. Hopefully he'll know better than to put it in his pants.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by mike harper
    pats problem is that he belives God is a psychophic idiot and acts out like a disturbed child.
    No, Pat's problem is that he is a psychopathic idiot and acts out like a disturbed child. He exemplifies the danger of allowing someone access to the airwaves who believes (or professes to believe) he is acting in the name of God, a completely illogical and impossible scenario. Most people who do this are properly labeled as psychotic and delusional and locked up where they can do no harm. 'Preachers' can get away with it because they have equally delusional followers desperate for reassurance they are not the lowest form of slime on the planet (after ethnic minorities, of course.) The easiest way to feel better about your miserable existence is to disparge those who are 'not you,' i.e., not your race, color or creed; piranhas like Robertson exploit this fear for profit and power. Because this fool has a large enough band of drooling, inbred fellow-yammerers, he gets air time. If the media were to truly exercise their power by ignoring him, he would soon dry up and blow away, but because ratings are dependent on sensationalism, any contraversy big enough to piss people off is guaranteed to get print and air space, because it will sell papers/get ratings - thus the Robertsons and Falwells of the world...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I wonder if he knows how many people don't attend church because they will meet people like him. See foot. See gun. Bang!

Ernie

Weird coincidence. I just got back from some errands. Bumper sticker seen along the way:

"So many Christians
    So few Lions"

Ernie

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast