• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "end credits", new one from me

"end credits", new one from me

Started last night. I really like this one - I'll probably continue it, but here it is so far. (2:41, mp3). I've been thinking about the "less is more" idea recently, and found my pieces to be quite full and always going steady, with no room to breathe.

Thought it might be suitable for end credits for a film or something. (Or a suited scene)

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Wine Country, Colorado

Re: "end credits", new one from me

WOW!! Beautiful and contemplative. End credits? This is great in its own right. would love to hear this developed further.

Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Very beautiful, moving melodic work, Chris.

The mix on this, the loving restraint of the materials... very well done.

But Chris, if anything I've heard lately just screams out "develop me!", this most certainly does.

I hope you'll consider taking this further.

And you're right -- "less is more", oftentimes. The notes you never put on the page can be vastly more impactful than many of those that you do.

My best,

Mmm, the entrance of the strings gave me goosebumps...beautifully restrained as it is. Like a film theme, I'd love to hear different settings of this material in different moods--I can just hear a triumphant, climactic orchestral setting in my head screaming for you to write it.
    Mark Zastrow

Very beautiful and emotional indeed! It's very moving. Wonderful job.

♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Wow, Thanks for the comments everyone! I will certainly develop this then.

Beautiful simplistic piece Chris It's really some great writing, there's just the right ammount of emotion placed in each note that everything sounds intentional. There's nothing there that doesn't belong.

Beautiful work...just beautiful.

Nice oboe line, or is that an English horn? The strings entrance was lovely.

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed your work very much.

Larry G. Alexander

Everyone get's here first, and uses up all the good adjectives! Beautifully realised - your handling of the mixing/balance/reverb is excellent. It seemed to imply a "bigger" finale off in the distance - perhaps that's what others mean by developing the idea? But, it's beautiful as it stands. Simple, but with content.
    Not easy, but you did it, did it well.

R. Pearl

Nice going Chris. very surefooted pacing, it is the restraint which gives it the emotional depth.
    It is amazingly liberating, to do the opposite of your normal practises isnt it ?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast