• Register
  • Help

Topic: elec. bass problem

elec. bass problem

The notes don't cut off when I lift my finger off the key. Has anyone else had this problem? I just noticed the length is defalting to 75% and this is causing a long decay

Re: elec. bass problem

Length is cc21. Put data in your track as needed. If you wish to change the default load setting modify the accompanying text file (each instrument has one - same folder) by modifying the second number in the file.

Re: elec. bass problem

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately, the electric bass in JABB remains a touch problematic. The new default length (75%) does help prevent held notes from decaying too soon (when the note is held down), but it also creates a long decay even after the the key is released, which makes punchy staccato notes impossible.

What we need is a combination of the two -- short notes should be truly short and cut off almost immediately after the key is released, while long notes should have lots of beefy sustain and not decay too quickly while the key is still being held down. I don't know if you sampled a sharp "mute" release for stacatto notes, where the player uses his right hand to stop the string from vibrating, but that would be nice, especially for high-velocity short notes.

Go Back to forum