• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT:Shameless Plug Vol 2

Share/Bookmark

OT:Shameless Plug Vol 2

To my NS pals:

For the past year I’ve been scoring a PBS series called NOVAscienceNOW. (We just picked up a major award and got renewed for a second season.) No big deal in the grand filmscoring scheme of things for sure. But on tomorrow night’s episode I will actually be a featured performer...a kind of singing correspondant. (It’s the beginning of a new career as a novelty act.) And I have to say, the producers really made something quite magical with it. So please check it out, if you want to see me making a fool of myself and having fun. It airs on PBS at 8 pm, Tuesday Jan 10. If you’re not in the US, you can watch it online starting Jan 11 at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/3302/02.html. There’s even a vodcast of it if you hunt around.

It’s a multi-story magazine format. The piece in question is called the Twin Prime Conjecture. Sorry...dunno where it occurs in the hour. But you can also catch a glimpse of me in the tease that opens the show. For most of you, that should be more than enough....

And BTW, although it looks like I’m playing a grand piano, it’s really Michiel’s wonderful Bosendorfer you’re hearing.

I’ve just finished a new record (very proud of it), which you can hear on my site, where I’ve also posted a slew of new filmscore samples. Please drop by.

Thanks to all for making NS a really good and helpful hang....my best to you.

Re: OT:Shameless Plug Vol 2

Well done Rob! That's very nice playing and a nice site too.

Great continued success for the future.

Congrats Rob! I'll look to see when it'll be shown here and be sure to set the tivo.

Hey, I watch that show! That's really cool you got that gig!

I'll check it out tomorrow. I love this kind of stuff!

- Mike Greene

Paul...thanks for rescuing this thread from sinking like a stone!..(dangerous business, this shameless self promotion..)...and linwood, much appreciated too!

Mike...I wouldn't have even done a shameless plug if you hadn't inspired me! It is a great show; very creative. It's been the usual mixed bag from the scoring point of view but a great team of people and I'm glad to be doing it. I can barely remember what I wrote for this episode besides the song but I know it's pretty light on music. There's some nice Benny Goodman-type stuff in the opening story.

Thanks again.

I don't think that would happen.

Very nice music all the way round here. Good singing too - very distinctive vocal. A bit Dylanish. I bet no one ever said that before. Very tuneful and musical. I like.

Ta much, Paul.

Way to go, Rob! very cool and I can't wait to see/hear your contribution. It's funny- I just got off the phone telling my sis what a great guy/talent you were.I'll get her to watch as well. Congrats! K

blush
    thanks a lot...now stoppit!

Quote Originally Posted by rob morsberger
    It airs on PBS at 8 pm, Tuesday Jan 10.
    That was fun to see! Thanks for the shameless plug! Wouldn't have watched the show otherwise...

Doug

Go Back to forum